Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Rain is on the way / P.O. Box fee

It was cold this morning or at least cold to me.  We are expecting rain tomorrow. I went outside at 9:00 a.m. to feed the boys and to charge my solar lights before the clouds moved in. I had Cheerios for breakfast and went back outside to rake leaves. Unfortunately by this time, the winds picked up and the dirt was hitting me in the face not to mention the boys wanting to play with the rake. I gave up and came back inside to get ready to drive into town.

This time I got in line to pay my P.O. Box fee that was lost in the mail and made sure to get a receipt as there will be a rate increase after January 26, 2020, and I am already paying $118.00 yearly. for a small box.

The going gasoline price at HEB and Stripes was $2.259 per gallon for unleaded. At the small store close to the house it was selling for $2.159 so stopped and filled up there.

The weather guy at KSAT-12 said the rains will start in the early morning hours but that it would not include inclement weather for this area. I am trusting him...the car is covered in dust...so I am not putting it in the garage this evening.

We had a low of 51 and a high of 61 degrees today.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid Saying of the Day


Oh wouldn't it though !!!

13 comments:

  1. Love Auntie Acid LOL
    I woke up to rain at 6am that rain was do yesterday not today. Anyway it rained for 3 hrs and then stopped so ran to the bank and to the office to show them the receipt for the HOA fee that they lost. It was 48 degrees here today for the high and it's raining again. Hope you get your rain knock down some of that dust.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree with Auntie Acid...maybe then I would actually exercise!

      I tell you being a weather forecaster is the only job you can be wrong and not get fired. At least you got some rain hoping my materializes so I won't have to pay for a car wash.

      My HOA fee (Houston) was also lost in the mail and I can not prove I sent it so I am sure they will tag on late charges next month.

      Delete
  2. I paid a dollar a gallon more than you did today...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rob, I never know where you are at any given time as you tend to travel to states with high gasoline prices. A dollar a gallon more is a lot...hopefully the prices in your area will come down soon.

      Delete
    2. We're in WA state, going to be for a while.
      My 4 yo grandson was diagnosed with leukemia, we're hanging out to lend a hand where needed, mostly child care for his brother. We moved into a house across from their house.
      So I guess it's going to be spendy gas the next few months...

      Delete
    3. I am so sorry to hear about your grandson such a diagnosed in particular for a child is never easy for the parents or the family.

      Thankfully you and your wife can be there to give them a helping hand not just with taking care of his brother but the moral support you bring with your presence.

      Delete
  3. $1.999 with the MMVC here in SA. Normal prices most places $2.04 - 2.07 so hopefully a dropping trend for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great price! Even without your magic Murphy card. I certainly do hope it goes down though I am OK with the price I paid. I would be upset if I had to pay a dollar more like Rob.

      Saw you got a lot of rain in your neck of the woods.

      Delete
  4. Did not amount to much but it was chilly and I stayed in front of the fireplace all day. Started a free trial with Sling TV so I can watch ZION vs SPURS tonite. Hope I don't jinx!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did not turn out to be a jinx. It was a good game I am glad I taped it because I fell asleep on the second half where all the good action took place.

      I must admit I had no idea Zion was that GOOD!

      Since I dislike the Lakers I had no idea that the guy with the crazy father (I can't recall his name) was now playing for the Pelicans.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. How odd. I never remove comments even the bad ones and yours never are. Sometimes after a certain number of days they go into moderation and I do this to keep Spammer from posting comments on older posts.

      Even in older posts I get an e-mail letting me know I need to approve them and I have not received such e-mail about one of yours.

      Anyone else having this problem with my blog?

      Delete
    2. Penelope I went to double check my Moderation Folder and I had nothing. Comments do not go into Moderation until three days from blog post date.

      Only I or the person who actually wrote the comment can erase it. Do you think perhaps you could have accidentally hit the Delete instead of the Reply button?

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.