Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Glad it is over and done with...

I do not know about you but I for one am thrilled that the holidays are over and done with for another year. I can go to the grocery store and have my pick of parking spaces, no long lines waiting to buy stamps at the post office...really no long lines anywhere!

I hope you had a safe and enjoyable New Year's Eve. This is my fourth year watching the ball drop in New York City on CNN.  It was funny watching Anderson Cooper doing tequila shots with Andy Cohen.  Anderson does not drink very often and you could tell he was buzzing while Andy was as normal as could be.

I suppose my recliner was way too comfortable that I fell asleep waking up either 6 or 10 seconds before the ball drop. They had coverage from different parts of the country and I wanted to stay up for the Central Standard Time one with Brooke Baldwin and Don Lemon but fell asleep once more.

I still have beer and wine that I brought back from the Chili Cook-off and was considering having a beer to toast the New Year but I much prefer sleeping.  I had the television on high to mask the fireworks but it was obvious when the New Year reached our area.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Spurs Corner

I taped the Spurs vs Golden States Warriors game last night since I was watching the New Year's coverage. I woke up at 7:30 a.m. to watch it only to find that it went into overtime. For the fourth or is it fifth time this month we have gone into overtime!

The darn thing stopped taping on the last 30 seconds of OT...I was livid!!!  I wanted to throw something at the television but considering I just bought it I decided to watch the recap on my cellphone.  What was my surprise when the darn thing would not turn on as it has finally DIED...grrrrrrrr!!!

I could have gone online but chose not to as I had a lot of other things to tackle today.  It wasn't until the afternoon news that I learned we WON.  I did go online later this evening and died laughing when others were doing Google searches of the last minute of the OT game...guess their DVR did not record it either!

My friends are Houston Rocket fans so doubt they would read Spurs Corner but if you do DO NOT call my cell...call me on our landline phone!



Aunty Acid Saying of the Day





14 comments:

  1. I'm sooo glad the holidays are over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always tape an hours worth of TV following whatever game I'm taping for just that reason. Nothing more annoying than watching the whole game and losing the best part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Mark & Trudy!

      You are right there is nothing more annoying after all the time you invest watching the game only to lose to closing seconds.

      I have learned my lesson :-(

      Delete
  3. My holidays were not very happy this year even though friends and relatives tried to make it so. Like you, I am glad it is over. Now, the next holiday will be my birthday which falls on Valentine's Day. Now you know where I get all my charm (grin).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is understandable that you would not be in a festive mood with your wife's passing. You are fortunate to have had friends and relatives around you to try to make it happy...many people are not as lucky.

      Read on another blog that you are planning to travel to a family reunion in your native Pennsylvania. I sincerely hope you get to make that trip.

      I had no idea you were born on Valentine's Day...indeed, that must be why you are so charming :)

      Delete
  4. I am glad it is over, too! Also glad to have a little warmer weather for the past few days, although there is still two feet of snow on the ground. At least the internet is back up.
    Hope you are feeling better and looking forward to the new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear the weather is warming up for you but yikes...two feet of snow on the ground...you are a tough lady!

      Does your internet go out a lot during bad weather? Do you have satellite internet?

      Thought my new found thermals would keep me warmer but that has not been the case I will have to mention it to my doctor on my next appointment.

      I do not mean to sound like Miss Downer but I am not looking forward to the New Year. I think it is going to be very challenging in particular for our nation.

      Delete
  5. While I am glad it's over, I remember only the happy parts of this Christmas. I can't figure out why I dislike it so much, but I'll take the happy memories of my loving family and the opening of gifts, sharing a dinner (that Donald made and Steve contributed to), and all the love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thrilled that you went ahead with the Christmas get together at your house and that it turned out everything you imagined and more.

      Delete
  6. I'm glad it's over to. Started taking things down today and then realized how boring the house looks LOL Oh well less to clean as I put quite a bit of stuff away to make room for the other things I think I will leave them put away. I slept through all the guns and fire works so I think I must have fallen asleep around 10:15 Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea what time I dozed off but probably around 10:30 p.m. or so until I woke up just before the ball drop.

      I was so sorry to hear about a nurse in Houston that was outside popping fireworks in her front yard at midnight and was hit by someone who had fired their gun in the air as happens way too often. She unfortunately died.

      This year I was so sleepy I honestly was not able to make out the difference between fireworks and gunfire.

      Happy New Year JO.

      Delete
  7. I totally agree with you about the upcoming challenges facing us in the coming year. I have been wondering who is actually running this show. This government is like day care with no one in charge. Trump is just the clown in this gop circus and the fix is in. I have a good idea where we are headed so I have been updating my plan b,c,d,e,f,g,h,I,j,and k.
    Yes, our internet goes out every so often. I don't have satellite. If you don't see my answer to your blog sometimes it is because I can't.
    It has been a hard winter here. I took a casserole to my neighbor who is an old bachelor yesterday and was exhausted from tripping through the snow. Wondering why I don't own snowshoes. But this place is breathtakingly beautiful and has felt like home from the day I saw it. No wimps here. Jajaja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with your view of this administration. Who knew that two days into the new year we would be on the brink of war. Funny how he accused Obama back in Nov 2011 of plotting to attack Iran so he could get re-elected and then he goes and does the very same thing yesterday.

      At least you have several options in place...that is wise of you. The sad part is even in this potentially explosive situation the nation is still divided along party lines and I believe it is going to stay that way for a long time even if we have a change of administration.

      I am sure your elderly neighbor appreciated the casserole you made for him. You are going to laugh but I had no idea there was such a thing as snowshoes...not much use for those in West Texas...thank goodness!

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.