Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Monday, January 27, 2020

Lost check showed up / Marshalls / Dollar Tree

I needed to make a trip into town as I refused to do so during the weekend when stores are super crowded.  I have been trying to find my face masks as I am afraid to get a cold or worst but again have no idea in which of my many boxes they are at.  I seriously need to buy a storage shed even if it is not the size I would like.

The first stop was the P.O. Box where just as the post lady told me if the first check that was lost in the mail ever turned up...it would be returned to me and it was...in a torn and tattered envelope.  Now if only my HOA fee would also show up but in Houston.

Headed to the only mall we have in town to check out the clearance aisle at Marshalls and also purchase one of their $1.00 plastic bags.  Prices are still too high so I will return in February.  Their Marshalls dollar bags have shrunk considerably asked the clerk why and she said she did not know.

I needed to go to Walmart but since I was going to buy perishables decided to go to Dollar Tree first. I misplaced my watch and I am not about to buy another one so I never know what time it is. Yes, I know I could check my cellphone the problem is I usually have it off and I leave it in the trunk of my car.


Once again I lingered too long and it was getting dark by the time I came out not to mention that it looked like a storm was on the way.  Never made it to Walmart...maybe tomorrow?


It was a beautiful day.  We had a low of 55 and a high of 83 degrees. We were one degree from tying a record set in 1947 of 84 degrees.


Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid Saying of the Day


10 comments:

  1. You might start wearing your Masks because of the Coronavirus.
    Must be a new store. A Dollar Tee. LOL!
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rick, I would love to wear my masks if I could only find them. Hopefully, the Coronavirus does not reach this area though I am more concerned about all the people and kids coughing without covering their mouth while I am in line waiting to checkout.

      Like I mentioned on your blog for some reason Dollar Tree takes it time to replace the light bulbs on their signage.

      Delete
  2. Howdy MsB...my post has nothing to do with your blog today but refers to a previous blog of yours where you made a special trip into town just to get peppers (serranos). Why don’t you keep a bunch of them in your freezer for emergencies (when you run out of fresh peppers)? If you cut them immediately after you take them out of the freezer, before they get soft, they taste just as good as “fresh” peppers (to me).

    Viva Terlingua (Jerry Jeff Walker album title)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A friend of mine would buy jalapeños when they went on sale and then freeze them. After hers thawed out she boiled them and made hot sauce.

      I am much too lazy to go to all that trouble but I did try just unthawing a few at a time and found the taste was just not the same as a fresh serrano. That is why I buy just a few at a time so they do not go bad on me. But thank you just the same for your suggestion.

      Viva Terlingua!!!

      Delete
  3. OMG - Aunty Acid today could be me. I've made some great choices in my life, but could just die thinking about the bad ones. Your photos of stormy skies are just awesome! Did you take them with your phone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked today's Aunty Acid, it certainly resonated with me and some of my life choices.

      While the pictures came out better than I expected using my phone you can barely make out the store names. The colors in the store fronts look weird...oh well, at least the storm clouds came out ok.

      Delete
  4. Yes the storm cloud pictures are really neat. And yes Auntie Acid is so true

    ReplyDelete
  5. That photo of the mall and palm trees and clouds is really, seriously good.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.