Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Friday, January 31, 2020

Grocery Run / Rude Out-of-Towner / A month's free trial

I woke up at 5:30 a.m. and could not go back to sleep.  I knew this was the last chance I had to go grocery shopping or face long lines. Bit the bullet and as soon as daylight broke made my way to big HEB.

No doubt it pays to go early there were lots of places to park and few customers. With this coronavirus scare and the fact that I have not been feeling up to par lately decided to stock up for at least a month since they had so many specials.

I can not believe how much paper products have gone up. Just for a minute...I wished I was in Houston...where I could go to Target stock up and get at least a $5.00 gift card for the same items I bought today.

I usually park towards the back of the parking lot so no one will park next to me and I can open my doors fully as I load my groceries...besides getting a little more exercise in.

My car is to the right with the trunk open. The CRV three
spaces down arrived after the guy started yelling
so there was plenty of space for him to have maneuver out
of the parking lot long before I emerged from the store.

Like I mentioned before there was plenty of parking and as I made my way back to the car I noticed an RV parked long ways taking up several spaces so I figured they must have been inside shopping though I did see a woman sitting in the passenger's side.

The first thing that drew my attention to that RV was the fact that it was not large or small but a very nice middle size one that even I could possibly drive. While I loaded the groceries I turned on my cellphone so I could capture the gasoline price both at HEB and across the street at Stripes.

I took this pic by my trunk. While my camera did not capture the price
 of gasoline either at Stripes or HEB you can tell there was plenty
 of space for this guy to back-up.

A man in shorts and a t-shirt (mind you it was cold this morning)  gets off and says something about moving.  HEB is on the main drag and it is very noisy...I thought he was asking if HE needed to move...to which I replied: "No, you are not blocking me I can get out".

Then he came closer to me and started yelling and told me he needed ME to move so HE could get out. There was an older lady three car spaces away from me she even stopped loading her groceries to observe what was happening.

Had he asked nicely I would have not had a problem moving though I failed to see why I should when he could just go forward...it wasn't like it was a double lane or that he could not back out without a problem...plus there was a woman inside to guide him.

The lady that was loading her groceries said to me "what a rude individual"...I agreed!  So I took my time and he did what he should have done if, in fact, he was waiting on me to get out of the store...keep on going straight.

After he yelled at me I took a picture of his rig and when I got home I saw he had license plates from Michigan  Illinois...my worthless cell phone is having hizzy fits so I can not upload pictures to my blog this evening...give me time.

If you park near this RV make sure you do not block
the guy even if you got there BEFORE he did.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid Saying of the Day





15 comments:

  1. A_ _holes are everywhere... -shrug- I'm glad you got good use out of an early day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitively A hole with capital letters. Very glad I got that done early as I am sure it got packed later on as it does every day and more so with it being Super Bowl weekend.

      Delete
  2. Most Yankees are jerks. It's in their genetics. They don't know any better, since from childhood they are taught to be jerks.
    It's a fact. It's when they move to Texas that bothers me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bigfoot, your “first law of nature” should be in the school books right there along with stuff Darwin and Einstein wrote.

      Delete
    2. I am not going to generalize Big Foot there are jerks everywhere in every state of our nation and I was the recipient of this particular one.

      Delete
    3. bigfoot, your “fact” or “law” has now been downgraded to a “theory” because there is a slight chance that only those coming to Texas are like this. I guess it could be like how Australia was populated by England.

      Excerpt from Wikipedia: Sydney was founded by the British government as a penal colony.

      Maybe they’re just sending the ones they don’t want?

      Delete
  3. Definitely someone that should not be driving an RV. When you drive in someplace you make certain you can get out and you normally park away from the store so you can do it. Definitely gets the A-Hole Award.
    Be Safe and Enjoy staying at home.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was parked towards the back but more people started arriving as HEB and Walmart are the only grocery stores in town.

      My guess is he thought he got boxed in but if he had gotten off and looked he could have just pulled out straight like he eventually did.

      Definitively deserves the Aunty Acid A-Hole Award!

      Delete
  4. MsB, I thought of one more “experience” that I had at the border. First of all, let me emphasize that I agree with you 100% that the people of Mexico are very friendly and the country is beautiful. It was a great vacation place. All of my “incidents” that I told you about were only at the border from authorities. If someone read about my “incidents”, I hope it does not discourage them from visiting Mexico. For every person “detained” or “questioned” there are probably 100 other people that they let through without stopping them. I guess I was just “lucky” that I was the one that got stopped a lot. The other story I remember was taking a Mexican bus into the US. They stopped our bus and all of us had to get off the bus, remove all of our luggage from the compartment under the bus, and then wait for everything to be inspected. I don’t remember how long that took, but I’m guessing it had to be at least an hour. All of those “incidents” starting making it not fun for me to cross the border. Again, it had nothing to do with being in Mexico, it was just the Border Patrol inspections that were getting to be a hassle when, in my opinion, they really didn’t need to be. I remember one lady on this bus, I don’t know if she was Mexican or a US citizen. We spoke in English so she was probably from the US. She was already not happy with the bus because she said they promised her it would be an (I don’t remember her exact words, but it was something like) “especial” or “super-especial”. I think she used the Spanish word for the type or category of bus that she was expecting. I told her this is the nicest bus I have ever been on, I think this is an “especial”. She said that it was not the top of the line because we didn’t each have a TV and privacy curtain. We had to share a TV and curtain with 3 others (4 per “section”). She was not happy because it was taking so long for us to get off the bus, remove our luggage, wait for a long time, get inspected, place our luggage back into the cargo area of the bus, and then board the bus. And, we had to do it on some “run-down” bus that only had a TV for 4 people in each section instead of for each person. It really was the nicest bus that I had ever traveled on so now I am curious what I missed out on when it was supposed to be a “nicer” bus. When you still have hours to get home, an extra hour at the border is just not fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for clearing that up for the blog readers who might be interested in traveling to the border or the interior of Mexico. You have no idea how many e-mails I get from people who follow the blog though they have never posted a comment or that their friends follow me and it is always the same question..."Is it safe to travel to Mexico?".

      I can only write what I know of and that is the Del Rio/Ciudad Acuña border. This is the safest border in Texas. Other border towns I can NOT offer an opinion because I do not know as I do not frequent other border cities.

      We use to travel to Piedras Negras, Coahuila border with Eagle Pass, Texas to see the eye doctor, podiatrist and the dentist but they have since passed away and though it stayed in the family we were not happy with their replacements nor did I like having to drive 120 miles round trip.

      The only problems I have encountered has been with US Customs and some of their overzelous agents including an officer I went to High School with and who to this day holds a grudge against me for dating a guy SHE used to like. Is it my fault he preferred ME?

      I have not run into her lately but she used to send me for a second revision all the time. I complained to the officers who did the second search who by the way were very professional and courteous and allowed my elderly mother to remain in the car...in all honestly they did not do an all out search.

      I did notice that when I voiced my grievance they all looked at each other but did not say anything...was this a common complaint about this female officer?...have not been sent for a second revision since.

      Delete
  5. Flyingdj- I owe you a reply to the second part of your comment. My uncle lives in Mexico City and travels in the luxury buses all the time. In Mexico senior citizens get a 50% discount when they travel by bus and in the city subways they travel for free.

    He is leaving for Acapulco tomorrow in said buses. I have been calling him but no one answers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, jerks are everywhere. No manners, no morals. And a lot of them are driving big rvs. I am sorry it happened to you. Most people here are very polite, especially cowboys. But touristas are a different breed.
    It is good you did a big shopping trip early to avoid the crowds. I usually do the same and now my list making is even more careful. I think this virus is already completely out of hand. Plus flu is killing thousands of people. You can't avoid fate but you can dodge for a while. Have you seen the movie "Contagion"? It has stayed with me since I saw it several years back. I also think this virus is going to keep a lot of people home when the election rolls around. I am suspicious of everything these days. Also I think the Dollar stores will close shortly. I am optimistic by nature, but also a realist. It is a new world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If he thought he was going to bully me into moving my car by yelling at me he had another thing coming. There is only one man I have allowed to do that to me and that was my FATHER...and if he was yelling at me he probably had a good reason to do so unlike this jerk.

      I have never seen the movie "Contagion" or even heard of it. I usually do early voting but even if I was on my death bed I will drag myself to the polls if it is the last thing I do.

      Why do you think the Dollar Stores are going to go out of business?

      Delete
  7. Some people just dont' know how to be civil. I guess they don't realize how stupid they look to others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The good thing is I had the last laugh and that probably infuriated him worst :-)

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.