Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Thursday, January 16, 2020

RIP George / Cancelled trip / Exceptional drought

I have been sad since I read of the passing of fellow blogger George Yates of Our Awesome Travels yesterday. I never had the privilege of meeting him or his wife, Suzie, in person but somehow I feel like I have known them for a long time. George was a daily blogger who shared his life, recipes and RV'ing adventures freely with his readers.

He was the inspiration for my daily walks. A happy and positive person to the end with his trademark smile, vest, and straw cowboy hat.  He and Suzie chose to share the final chapter of his life with his followers and I deeply admire their decision. He will be dearly missed. Rest in Peace George.

I seldom make my posts before midnight but I did yesterday since I had an early morning appointment and needed to get to bed early. This morning it was raining hard and since I was heading out-of-town to where it was raining worst I decided to cancel my trip.

I am not complaining about the rain we really need it in this area as I thought we were in severe drought but it turned out to be an exceptional drought which is the worst. My parent's house is old and every time it rains I cringe at the thought of discovering a new leak. Fortunately, no new ones emerged today. It is supposed to rain all night as well as tomorrow. We had a low of 50 and a high of 71 degrees today.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Saying of the Day




8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You are welcome Suzie. My deepest condolences to you, your family, and friends.

      Delete
  2. George always had something positive to say to everyone. You would have liked him.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the Rain.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure that I would have Rick. Thru his blog, I felt as though I had known both him and Suzie for a long time.

      Delete
  3. My wife and I got the chance to meet them when they were passing through my area. Now both George and my wife are gone. How quickly things change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a privilege it would have been to have met them in person. Life throws us many curve balls and tomorrow is promised to no one all we have is today and we need to live it to its fullest.

      Delete
  4. I started reading their blog about the same time I started reading yours but did not comment. Very lovely people and it is so sad about George. I was glad to know he had great care at the end and also had the opportunity to say all his goodbyes to his wonderful family and all his friends. My heart goes out to Susie and his family.
    It seems the best and the brightest go far too soon. A dear friend of mine died yesterday of ALS..Lou Gerigs (sp?) disease. Not a pleasant way to pass. She was such a sweet soul so I am comforted to know she is truly in a better place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To think that they were just days from making their annual trip to spend their 14th fall and winter south of the Canadian border when he became ill.

      No doubt Canada has enviable health care for its citizens. The hospice where he was staying was state of the art and all the people that worked there were wonderful and showed great professionalism and compassion.

      My condolences on the passing of your friend with Lou Gehrig's disease I believe you had mentioned her on a prior post. I concur the best and brightest seem to go far too soon.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.