Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, March 1, 2020

Took a Day off...no politics, no Internet, no phones

Yesterday I woke up with mental overload. There are so many things going on at the same time some more worrisome than others but equally draining the little motivation and energy I have left. Decided to give myself the day off.

I did not turn on my usual cable news channels, avoided the local news, did not turn on the computer and let the answering machine do its job.

I worked on removing more weeds with the hula hoe and dealing with the cats in particular "that black cat" who is making me more stressed out by the day.  I will write about that when I get a chance at Walter's World.

I did, however, watch my Spurs and perhaps I should have avoided that as well. Though they won it was only by one point and I practically had a heart attack. Were it not because of these darn medications I would have had a couple of beers to celebrate and de-stress.

This morning I treated myself to the breakfast buffet at Sirloin Stockade. Yes, I know I am not supposed to eat bacon so sue me...it went well with Tabasco sauce and an unsweetened ice tea.


They ran out of Menudo so had to wait a while for the next batch but it was worth it.


I have mentioned that I buy most of my Terlingua clothes at a store called Fallas. They sell irregular items, factory rejects, and cheap crap from China. This is where I bought my $5.00 Terlingua coat and jacket last year.

Went to walk off my breakfast and ran into an item my uncle wants. They have the same items as Marshalls but at a much cheaper price. Though it would cost me more to mail it to him than the item itself.

He wants Christmas motif pajama pants.  They had them for $1.99 but I will have to find out what size he wears.


This pillow made me smile because I saw that on an Aunty Acid saying the other day :-)

I'm sorry, did I roll my eyes out loud?

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid Saying of the Day



12 comments:

  1. Even on days you don't plan on being busy you are. Sometimes it is better then sitting around.
    Be safe and Enjoy your Terlingua Dreams.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Working on the yard and just being outside helps me relax and forget about the default world even if only for a while.

      Delete
  2. There is only 1 Fallas left here and the lady said because someone bought it out right. This is the one that used to be near my house. While this location I found the store has been there for years she explained they took over this site because the store was bigger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In Houston, the Weiner stores were taken over by Paredes-Fallas as they were known at the time and now it is just Fallas.

      The Del Rio store had to move to a bigger location a few years ago because it is so popular in particular with customers from Mexico.

      Delete
    2. Its funny how many names these stores have, Fallas used to be Factory 2 You.

      Delete
    3. Yeap, a lot of names...just recalled that in Houston they had a kids version of Factory 2 You...but with my feeble mind I do not remember the name :-(

      Delete
  3. Sorry you did'nt get the Blackout (get off the grid) link I sent, but looks like you did just that today. Bueno!! Meanwhile, the only good news I have is that of the 65 confirmed cases of the caronavirus, 44 of them were from the big cruise ship. We'll see...I am not optimistic, but hope for the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JudithK, I never received the link you sent me. Did you send it to my official blog e-mail of terlinguadreams at outlook.com?

      I think those poor government workers that were sent to greet the people they brought from that cruise ship in Japan when they landed in an Air Force Base in California without the proper protection per the whistleblower may have contaminated more people.

      I am not normally optimistic but in this case, I also hope for the best.

      Delete
  4. P.S. Try this link for the Blackout song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDHpq_24Zp4

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, now I hear what I did not in the other video clip. Hard to say what she is referring to maybe some reporter should ask her?

      Delete
  5. I am at the point where I really need a break from all news and computer viewing. I waste so much time and it's just depressing as there isn't any good news. But it's a habit that is hard to break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed a habit that is hard to break...though I believe that in this political climate...it may be worth a shot!

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.