Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Saturday, September 26, 2020

Blood Pressure meds side effects / Grocery Run / Fill-up

I have been experiencing a lot of pain lately in my kidneys. I did a Google search and just like I thought the "probable" culprits might be Hydrochlorothiazide 12.5 mg and Amlodipine 5mg. I have high blood pressure and have been taking Losartan 100 mg. for a long time. They had to first add Hydrochlorothiazide and recently Amlodipine to bring my BP readings to more acceptable levels. As much as I dread it, I am going to have to go in person to see the doctor. 

I have been so tired lately both Thursday and Friday night I went to bed early. Last night I sat down to watch an HGTV show before the ten o'clock news and when I woke up it was 1:00 a.m. Went to put on my pajamas and surprisingly went right back to sleep. I was wide awake by 3:20 a.m. but at least I had gotten 6 hours of sleep something that I do not usually get.

Waited for the sun to come up so I could go to the post office, as well as to fill up my car.  It was very cloudy this morning. As I passed HEB I noticed that there were very few cars in the parking lot so decided to make a quick stop.

Bought my usual salads, grape tomatoes, olive oil, nopalitos (cactus), and bananas.  Rick and Kathy of "It's About Time" fame https://ricknkathyrousseau.blogspot.com/2020/09/ourlocation-today-is-at-windsor-ontario.html

mentioned that in their locality the price of soup has doubled from two weeks ago so filled my cart with several as well as other canned goods.

While dairy prices have remained steady bought a carton of 18 eggs versus the 12 egg-carton. I paid a very reasonable $1.59 for them.



As I passed the aisle where flour is found I could not help but think of Penelope when she told me she had scored a 10 lb. bag of flour a couple months ago.  So took these pictures to see how they compare currently price-wise to those in her area.



They still do not have national brand disinfecting wipes but today they had these large containers of them that in my opinion, were overpriced. I still have the ones I bought at Dollar Tree before the shutdown so I'm good.


The last time I was at Little HEB I bought some Viva paper towels. Since this is their larger store they had their bigger sized one, took the opportunity to stock up on them as well. I paid for the 8 = 24 rolls $16.98.


Noticed how high the price for Clorox was...at over $4.00 plus for a gallon container...it would be a budget buster for me. Sorry, the picture is so blurred :-(


Even the cheap and in-house brands were high.  Glad I purchase mine at Dollar Tree.


I wanted to buy my favorite brand of sugar-free ice cream but they only had Banana Split so I passed. 


As I was in line to pay I saw this Día de los Muertos reusable bag but it did not have a price tag and I did not need it either.


Filled-up at their pumps as gasoline prices have been rising.


Today we had a high of 94 with a feel like of 97 degrees.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.



Aunty Acid Saying of the Day



8 comments:

  1. HEB has good bags! Interesting ones. (Only way I know is that a freind brings them up from SA, she loves them and I"m surprised she can part with them.) Yes, odd what's missing and what's not in the local grocery. So far, there's still FOOD. Maybe not exactly what we want.
    By the way, do you ever check your blood pressure at home? (I've been taking the HZT for a million years, Losartan was added later.) Just asking. I hate to check mine, becuase I never want to see an ugly number. Ha. But if they're adding or subtracting meds, I guess it's something that needs to be done. So maybe you should check it when you're feeling tired....Ah geez. I've just given advice. I hate that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HEB does have nice designs on their bags. You are right at least there is still food to be had!

      I take my blood pressure at least twice a day sometimes even more if the readings happen to be high.

      Delete
  2. OMG! this blogger mess is really getting on my nerves I just lost my comment. It wouldn't let me publish then it wouldn't show who I was.
    Finall went through but without my comment.
    Hope you do see your DR. face to face if you have pain and think you know why.
    Stocking up on groceries is a good idea. Things are crazy and prices are going through the roof.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry your first comment did not go through but that has been happening to me since before they made all these, in my opinion, "unneeded changes".

      When your comment disappears, hit the BACK ARROW, and you will have it restored. When that happens, I do not hit the PREVIEW button just go ahead and hit PUBLISH.

      I want to see the doctor because he obviously will know more than Google as I could be wrong about my self-diagnosis. Though I am still nervous about having to go see him in person.

      Delete
  3. It's strange how one medication will affect another. Your Doctor might have to take some away to get rid of the ill affects while treating the problem. One positive is that you were able to sleep. Just remember Hospitals and Doctor's Offices are great places to get sick from. Make certain to wear your Mask.
    Grocery prices have been going back and forth since the beginning of this mess. It won't be the customer that will benefit.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the extra sleep.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am well aware that hospitals and doctor's offices can be breeding grounds for germs that is why my last appointment was via telephone.

      I have been wearing my mask and gloves before the City Ordinance and later State mandate required it...I do not leave home without them.

      Delete
  4. I hope the doctor will be able to sort out your blood pressure problems. I am sure they will take every precaution to keep you safe but understand how nerve wracking the whole process is. Maybe cut back on the news that day. I have really been trying to cut back on my news obcession. Well some, anyway! Jajaja
    The NY Times story on Twitler's taxes was juicy. Can't wait to hear Rachel's take on that.
    Groceries here are going up everyday and the shelves are not completely full. I haven't been to either of our stores here in two weeks. I did go to the Dollar Tree today for a few things. I will get some prices to compare in a few days when I do a run. I remember the day I found the flour. Felt like a millionaire. I am stocked up now as flour is only good about six months.
    I do envy your HEB and their good planning. I do hope you are stocking up on bottled water, as well.
    Stay safe and well, my friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not know when I will get to see my doctor as I have not made an appointment yet but in the meantime, I am checking my blood pressure several times a day and only taking Losartan unless my numbers go up.

      Courtesy of Pinterest I am getting I believe they are called "push pins" from a Dallas newspaper and DailyMail so I could not help but hear about his taxes but did not click on the story as I gave myself the day off from cable news today.

      I too look forward to Rachel's take on her show tomorrow. I remember the day you told me about the flour as I had no idea what people could make with a one-pound bag let alone ten pounds but you enlightened me on the subject. Just like tonight, I had no idea flour was only good for six months.

      Oh yes, I have been stocking up on bottled water as well as regular tap water for a while.

      Stay safe as well amiga!

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.