Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Saturday, September 12, 2020

Warm temperatures are back / More Rain on the way / Not a fan of the new blogger

The wonderful cool temperatures came to an end today. I never turned off the A/C just had raised the thermostat to 82 degrees and this afternoon when it came on I had no other choice but to once again close the windows.

With all the rain we have had though it was welcomed...has already started sprouting weeds. We are expecting more rain this evening and tomorrow morning. The ground is already saturated. Been tracking tropical storm Sally and it is dumping a lot of rain in Florida and then might head to Louisiana a state already hurting from the hurricane that hit it a couple of weeks ago.

The heavy-duty containers I bought at Home Depot got a different use than I intended. While I cleaned them really good once you placed the top back on, it reverted to smelling to rubber.  I used two of them for my garden tools and cords and left them on the back porch.


The cats decided they made a nice place to take a nap.


They found another use for them as well...water fountain...though they have three bowls full of water in different locations around the yard.


Anyway, to get back to the rubber smell I poured dishwashing detergent on them let them collect rainwater, and then closed the top back up.  Hopefully, that will solve the problem.

Today Gyspy of On The Road Again fame http://gypsy97.blogspot.com/2020/09/new-blogger-layout.html  voiced my concerns about this new blogger format.

It is a real PIA and I feel they made these changes to benefit people who blog from their phones and tablets and not from computers. I am an old dog and I can not be taught new tricks.

We had a low of 72 and a high of 91 degrees.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid Saying of the Day


6 comments:

  1. It always amazed me where and how Cats sleep.
    Like I wrote to Marty go into your design and find the Feedback Link where you can voice your concerns of what does and does not work for you with the New Blogger. With enough of us complaining it might work.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cats are amazing animals I do not know what I would do without mine...they keep me entertained.

      I have been giving Blogger feedback concerning this new format for months now to no avail. I think they already have their minds made up.

      Delete
  2. "No Susan, you're just a bitch" is about as funny & true as anything else I've heard this week!
    Have a good week Ms Belinda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too of course you could always substitute the name to fit the occasion.

      Have a good week as well Rob.

      Delete
  3. WOW from drought to full on rain and real water logged ground. If the dish detergent doesn't work try fabric softner sheets. If you leave the soapy water in the containers to long it will get slimmy
    .
    Not crazy about the new blogger but worse yet is Face Book it is so ugly and a pain to get around now. I may stop my face book before blogger.

    Our temp are on the way up again here to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is like a monsoon hit us and we don't even have a monsoon season. I tried the fabric softener sheets first but the rubber smell won out. On another one, I tried baking soda and it did not work either.

      I would like to avoid the slim but I was not counting on it raining so much. It is 12:54 a.m. CST and we just had another shower.

      I do not have Facebook or any other social media so I can not give an opinion but I will take your word for it.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.