Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

New battery / Mechanic/ Laundry

Remember back in October when I tried to start dad's old car and flooded it?  Well as you know I was busy with taxes and getting ready for the Chili Cook-Off so I put it off as usual.  Called Triple A this morning, even they could not jump start the battery but the guy was nice enough to remove it for me.

Went to the auto parts place where I bought it back in May 2011 only to be told that now they only exchange batteries up to 20 months and then they pro-rate them.  My procrastination cost my mother $38.97 but shhhh... I did not tell her that!

I then went to see the mechanic and had a nice visit with him.  Do not know what it is about the mechanics I frequent but they sure are talkative and know as much or even more gossip than lady hairdressers :D

He has a ranch out close to my mother's house and goes to visit it every Sunday, so I wanted him to swing by this weekend on his way back to town but he said he would come tomorrow.  I do not know if he will be able to or not since it was obvious he was coming down with a cold.

Went to the P.O. Box and saw this restored truck in mint condition.  I thought it looked pretty neat.




Ran a couple more errands while I was in town including going to the laundromat.  I was so surprise there were only three people and thankfully no screaming kids!  Too bad I have to make a return trip to do sheets and comforters :-(

Gas has gone down two cents in the past week.


Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

8 comments:

  1. Yep nice Chevy PU. I'd say 1957? Gas here is stil over a $3.60. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure what year it was but it definitively caught my eye!

      Delete
    2. Close. It is a 1958, I think that was the first year with duel headlights.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the clarification Edlfrey.

      Delete
  2. It's $2.95 here west of Fort Worth.

    Nice old truck.

    Thanks for an entertaining blog, maam.

    Bigfoot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Bigfoot $2.95 is a GREAT price! It has been a long time since I have heard of prices under the three dollar mark.

      Delete
  3. When I blitzed through Del Rio yesterday, it was a nice surprise to see the cheaper price on diesel. I had to pay $4.399 in Bibe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barney for some reason I thought you were going to stay longer in the Big Bend, Terlingua area.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.