Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Airing out camping gear, camera issues, very tired...

I am trying to upload pictures but my cellphone has been giving me a hard time.  My blog is set to Pacific time so I only have ten minutes to do so and that is impossible so I am publishing this to save the date and I will update later on tonight or tomorrow as I am exhausted.

Went to bed late last night (Tuesday) and woke up equally early on Wednesday morning.  I only had three hours of sleep.  I forced myself to go back to sleep and lucky I managed to get in an additional two hours for a grand total of five hours which for me is an improvement.

I do not recall if it was either in 2015 or 2016 where I was able to find my tent fly and poles but not the actual tent.  This year I had the opposite problem.  We have a back bathroom/shed/ cats winter bedroom/junk room that is piled high with storage containers, ice chests, and boxes.

I had to move them out of there and place them on the lawn (weed-free area).  Even with my back brace, it was a little exhausting, time-consuming and a whole lot of work.  The first ice chest I looked in...an Igloo 120 gallon...had its hinges crack when I opened it.  At the time I bought it it was the first seven-day ice chest of its kind.

Had to look in more containers while at the same time clean them as they were full of dust and spider webs.  I tried to take a picture but the darn cellphone told me the camera app was not working...grrrrrrr!!!

The phone has been giving me problems lately and the last thing I need is to have to replace it just before my Terlingua trip.  I am going to dig up the new camera I bought online last Black Friday and see if I can make it work just in case I need a back-up plan.

All my camping gear from tarps, tents, rain-flies, etc. etc. smelled musty.  I, therefore, laid it out in the sun and since it was a windy day it helped in airing it out.  I wanted to set up the tent but could not find the poles so just piled all the smelly gear on top of it.

I took this one in the morning
I took the following picture in the afternoon as I could not make the camera work.  Just in case it rained or the cats wanted to scratch the no see them mesh...I covered it with my newly found tarp and weighed it down with water jugs as I was not able to locate my tent stakes.


Sonny decided it was a nice spot for him to chill after his supper.


It was a warm day in the high 80's but this evening (Thursday) we are expecting rain and a cool down though not significantly.  Hopefully, I will be able to locate my tent stakes along with some more gear.

Needless to say...I am very tired and I am not alone...spoke to my best friend and she said the same thing...at least she has help.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.



Camping Saying of the Day






2 comments:

  1. Looks like you are getting a lot accomplished. I do hope you will be able to sleep better and be rested for your trip.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.