Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Tuesday, October 8, 2019

The A/C came back on...

It has been so long since I slept with the windows opened.  I had forgotten what it was like to hear the sounds a train makes in the middle of the night or the noise from the school buses early in the morning as they go over the speed bumps on our street.

I had to run several errands in town and decided to do so today since tomorrow we are once again expecting temperatures in the mid-'90s.  We had a low of 70 with a high of 89 degrees so the A/C had to be turned back on.

It seems that every time I want to document the price of gas I either do not have my cellphone or there is just too much traffic to attempt a picture.  Here is the price today $2.269 per gallon at Walmart for regular unleaded gasoline.


Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.



Saying of the Day


8 comments:

  1. Good gas prices! I'm out on the west coast & actually saw a station with $2.99 yesterday (the Safeway in Port Angeles, WA)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For that part of the country that is a good price.

      Delete
  2. I paid 2.80 yesterday. My truck uses the middle button. Also added a bottle of Heet. We have to use a fuel additive in the winter here.
    And like the great planner-aheader I am, I picked up a 20lb bag of ice melt in anticipation of the predicted blizzard. Too bad I forgot to lug it inside as the truck (Dodge Ram 1500) is covered in three feet of snow. The snow started last night and has only let up a while ago.
    It is a great day for napping and staying in by the fire. I will dig out tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are buried in three feet of snow and we broke another record for high temperature for this date set in 2017...we topped out at 95 degrees.

      Don't feel bad about forgetting to bring in the bag of ice melt especially when it weighs 20 pounds!

      With all that snow in the ground, I would have to stay in and hunker down until it melted. It is a good thing you have a fireplace.

      Delete
  3. I read Del Rio topped out at 96* and broke the record from 1957. Hot, anyway you look at it.
    My heat comes from an energy efficient gas furnace in the form of a replica wood stove. It has the"logs and fire" seen through the door of the stove. Keeps me toasty warm. There is 36" of insulation in the ceiling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did go up one more degree to 96 after my comment but per the webpage I use, it did not go to a different high in history but we all know how weather webpages are probably as accurate as the everyday forecasters...https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/del-rio-tx/78840/daily-weather-forecast/331111?day=

      Tomorrow we are expected to break another record :-(

      I do believe 36 inches of insulation in the ceiling is going to keep you pretty warm.

      Delete
  4. I see gas here is on the rise again. Glad I topped off the other day at 2.46 it is now up to 2.89. We went up to 92 today but should be in the high 80's tomorrow and for the next 10 days, but the nights are great high 50's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JO, I am sorry your gas prices are going up instead of down. This weekend we are supposed to have lower temperatures in particular at night but the icing on the cake is the rain we are supposed to receive.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.