Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, October 6, 2019

Another record high set today

Today we broke the record high of 98 degrees set back in 1960 when we reached a high of 100 low of 67 with a heat index of 105 degrees.

There are cooler temperatures on the way and the possibility of rain starting late this evening. When I say "cooler" I mean temperatures in the low 80's.

Raked more leaves and finally after three years filled a hole dug by Oscar one of the stray dogs that I used to take care of.  Why bother after three years?  I almost fell when I was bringing in the laundry from the clothesline the other day.

This area used to be covered with high weeds that Pollito's wino sidekick cleared when he mowed the lawn (weeds) that is why I had not fallen before.

Used the pulverized horse pine pellets to fill it in.


This evening I was able to talk to another dear friend of mine that I had not had a chance to talk to in a while.  E-mails are nice but it is better to be able to converse in real-time.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Reflection of the Day



8 comments:

  1. Nice that things will finally begin to cool down for you enjoy while you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was wonderful to wake up to a temperature of 63 degrees. I will definitively be enjoying this while I can.

      Delete
  2. I sure do enjoy all your sayings of the Day. They always make me smile or chuckle or reflect.
    I do hope your cooler weather will happen soon. We are at 33* here and expecting snow and 8* tomorrow. Brrrr
    I was so happy to hear about the horse pine pellets and will pick some up. Great tip! I had never heard about them.
    There is no more heavenly smell than sheets from the clothesline after a sunny day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoy the Saying of the Day, many bring out the same emotions you experienced. Trying to bring something different to the blog.

      33 degrees a possibility of snow and 8 degrees tomorrow? I do not think I could tolerate those temperatures you are a tough and resilient lady!

      Horse pine pellets in their original state are not meant to fill holes. They absorb many times their weight in water or urine in horse stalls. I use them around my rain catchment tanks (garbage cans) to soak up the water when they overflow.

      Eventually, they will turn to sand that is when I use them to fill in ruts and holes. My lazy cats use them as their litter box.

      Delete
  3. I remember dial phones and operators.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!

      I also recall depending on how mad I was...slamming the phone...and then picking it up multiple times and slamming it again...jajajajajajaja!

      Delete
  4. I'm happy your going to have some cooler weather coming your way. Heard on the weather tonight we are going to dip down again into low to mid 80's and come really nice cool nights.
    I had a princess phone when I was living at home, Of course I had to pay for it.
    Heading out next MOnday for a camping trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "we are going to dip down again into low to mid 80's and come really nice cool nights."

      Isn't it sad that we are happy when it gets down to the low to mid 80's and we are in Fall?

      Did you ever slam down your princess phone? I know I did :D

      I am so happy and at the same time jealous that you are going to go camping. I know you have been looking forward to it for a long time.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.