Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Monday, October 7, 2019

A nice rain shower and cooler temperatures

Heard the raindrops hitting the metal roof around 1:40 a.m. went to the front door to check it out and it was a slow soaking rain.  It turned out not to be much but the trees certainly needed it and benefitted from the showers. My primitive rain catchment benefitted as well.

It would have been a great day to go for an early morning walk but for a second day, my back and knee have been hurting.  I think I overdid the yard work.

It was wonderful to turn off the air conditioning and air out the house.  The only bad part was that Mr. Joe decided to grill and I could smell the steaks from my bedroom :-(

We had a low of 64 and a high of 84 degrees.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.



Reflection of the Day



6 comments:

  1. Is nice that you got some cooler weather and a bit of rain, to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was indeed nice George though it will be short-lived.

      Delete
  2. I am so happy to hear you got a little respite from the heat and some rain. Your diy rain catchment is genius.
    It is a balmy 43* here. No where near the forecast. Now they say it will come through tomorrow. I think they no longer have a clue what the weather will do from one day to the next.
    What programs on tv are you watching? Or YouTube? I like mrmbb333 on YouTube.
    Re-watching Briscoe County,Jr. On dvd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice in particular the rain that was so needed as we are in extreme drought conditions. My primitive rain catchment is an experiment to see if I can live on that alone as my main water source when I move to Terlingua.

      43 degrees certainly beats 8 degrees any day. Weather forecasters are not known for being accurate. Probably the only job you can be wrong at and not get fired.

      I do not get to watch much TV though I do like some series on Telemundo because if I can not watch them at the regular programmed time they repeat them at midnight.

      I am not familiar with the programs you mentioned. The only thing I watch on YouTube are videos by Bob Wells on his Cheap RV Living channel. Wish I had had that information when I bought my camping van back in 1991.

      Delete
  3. Finally! Sometimes it isn't how much we get just the fact we get something and the nice drop in your temps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JO, you more than anyone knows about high desert temperatures...at least that comments on my blog about them. It is easy to get happy when they drop and the rain is the cherry on top.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.