Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, December 29, 2019

Darn Pop-up Ads / Strong Wind Gusts

I have had an Ad Blocker for a couple of months now and have loved not having all these advertisements popping up constantly. The one downside is that many websites will not allow me to read them unless I unblock them. I needed some information so I unblocked ONE site but I guess I did it wrong and now I am being bombarded with ads and I do not know how to block them again...oh, well :-(

One of the worst is the Weather Channel...my uncle is going on vacation and asked me to look up the weather for him...gee whiz what a disaster!  The only ad I actually wanted to see was for an RV rental place and I automatically closed it and it has not popped up again when I really want it to...grrrrrrr!

I do not know what is wrong with me...I am cold all the time and I have to wear two pairs of socks to keep my feet warm.  Remember my $5.00 blue jean jacket and blue jean coat I bought for my trip to Terlingua?  I wear one or both inside the house even though I have the heater set at 72 degrees sometimes I splurge and raise it to 74.

We had terrible wind gusts this morning and afternoon that forced me to go outside to retrieve the five-gallon buckets that I washed yesterday and that went flying all over the place.  I know my Canadian readers and those readers in cold climates will chuckle...but I about froze to death.  I do NOT like coffee but I had to come in and drink some...instant decaf...to warm me up.  You have no idea how I wrestled with adding the little bit of Kahlua I have left...of course I can't as I am taking medications :-(

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Saying of the Day




13 comments:

  1. Have you had your thyroid numbers checked? My wife says that cold sensitivity could hypo-thyroidism. Other indicators could be dry skin, weight gain, tiredness. FYI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I haven't but perhaps I should as thyroid problems run in my family.

      When are you and Little Foot going to start blogging again?

      Delete
    2. I've been thinking about it...just restarted work on my aquaponics efforts again. May as well document my struggles towards possible "Epic Failure" again.

      Delete
    3. Aquaponics is a very interesting topic, I hope you do start blogging again.

      Delete
  2. I am so sorry you are cold. I had to learn how to dress for cold weather. Maybe try a polyester layer next to your skin, then a poly/ cotton blend, then your cotton jacket. All loose layers.
    For checking the weather I just Google "current temperature in xxx" (name of city, state). Will give you an instant two week forecast. Btw, you are in for a lot more cold weather.Maybe time to get a good base layer set. I recommend REI. With climate change, you might get a lot more use than you think. I swear by mine.
    Decaf is awful, especially without Kahlua. Maybe pick up some Rasberry Zinger or other Celestial Seasonings tea. No caffeine, very tasty. I also like low sodium chicken broth. I hope you are feeling much better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip on the weather search. If I drink real coffee I get nervous and jittery that is why I drink decaf but only to warm up. I have been looking for low sodium chicken broth both here and in Mexico and I am surprised that I have not found it.

      I checked out REI and boy is it pricey but its clothing looks well made! I finally found my thermal clothing and I do dress in layers. During the day it was sunny and I spent a good deal of time outside so I was not cold but the temperatures are dropping fast. I need to go put on my newly found clothes.

      Delete
  3. As time goes on we tend to be less active which slows our Metabolism. That slower Metabolism makes us feel the cold even more.
    With our Higher Humidity I seem more comfortable then the dryer cold of the southwest.
    Enjoy a Safe and Happy New Year.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had not heard that about our metabolism. I need to get back to my morning walking routine.

      Delete
  4. I no longer take medications, but I do take some vitamins and supolements. I've never abstained from a beer or other alcohol no matter what i take. I did't overdo it, of course, but I've always figured one drink is good for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way, I absolutely LOVE the saying of the day.

      Delete
    2. Of the three medications I take two of them can affect my liver function so I abstain just to be on the safe side.

      I love the saying of the day as well...my kind of gal!

      Delete
  5. We have been having colder weather than normal and here it has also been damp. I have slipper boots and I still have to wear some heavy socks with them. Can be a real pain since the socks won't fit in my shoes that I use to ride my bike. Such a problem right LOL I live in sweats while at home with a t shirt under the sweat shirt. Yes love the saying today

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have also been having colder than usual weather. I wish we could get some of your rain we really need it we are in a severe drought.

      With my two pairs of socks I have to use my wide width crocks because my other shoes won't fit...lol...our first world problems!

      I looked like crazy for my thermal pants and tops for Terlingua and never found them until this weekend. Just in the nick of time for this cold weather. Glad you liked the Saying of the Day.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.