Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, December 15, 2019

I am beginning to sound repetitive...

I woke up early after only three and a half hours of sleep. I have been good since I came back from Terlingua so I considered treating myself to the breakfast buffet at Golden Corral but talked myself out of it and went back to sleep instead.


The leaves keep on falling so have not been able to keep up and there are still more on the trees that after the strong winds we are expecting tomorrow should add more to my To Do List.


I went to take the boys their lunch only to find a bunch of leaves on the front porch and had no choice but to rake them.  I decided to bag as many as I possibly could since it was so nice and warm outside. 


Bagged four large bags from the front yard but only raked a few in the back.


Like the blog post title states...I am beginning to sound repetitive...we set another record high for this day. We broke a record set in 1950 of 84 degrees by reaching a high of 88 degrees per AccuWeather though KSAT-12 in San Antonio reported we reached 89 degrees.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

4 comments:

  1. All that raking looks like hard work! I hope your back isn't affected by it.
    The records being broken is just weird. It is happening everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made sure I wore two back braces while I took care of that chore. I knew it was going to be cold and windy today so really had no choice but to her done.

      There were other days when I was either getting ready for or recuperating from the Chili Cook-off that records were broken but that I did not document on my blog.

      Delete
  2. 88 sounds really nice right now. we only reached 57 for the high and tonight should be around 28. and tomorrow the same. Still more leaves YIKES! it's because of this crazy weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cold front arrived this morning along with wind making it feel colder than it was.

      Your temperatures are colder though. I turned on the heater this evening and I am still cold. Bundle up.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.