Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Thursday, December 12, 2019

Who knew cheap night vision glasses worked?

Last Friday- December 6th I stopped by Dollar Tree and to my surprise found some Chinese knock off yellow night vision glasses. I have seen them on "As seen on TV" but not at a price I would want to pay.


They had a large selection so I bought two pairs. By the time I got through shopping, it was dark so I was able to put them to the test. To my surprise, I could see!


Thinking it was a fluke I put them to the test again the other night and was pleasantly surprised that they worked. Who knew dollar glasses would solve my night vision problems!

Today I finally got confirmation that the TV I ordered during Black Friday was ready for me to pick up.


While at Walmart decided to stop at the "As Seen on TV" aisle and saw the original night vision glasses for $14.88.


As well as the two pair HD polarized version for $19.88.


Had I known these glasses actually worked I would have bought them a long time ago!  Stopped at Dollar Tree to purchase another pair but they were all gone...glad I bought two pairs on my last visit.

The last time I was in town gasoline was selling for $2.129 per gallon but it has gone up a nickel since then. This evening it was going for $2.179 at Walmart.


Same price at HEB...

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.



Aunty Acid Saying of the Day


10 comments:

  1. Those glasses really work? I'll have to try them, thank you!
    Gas is $3.29 in town (in Washington state)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they really do or so say the reviews of the As Seen On TV ones but I was not sure if the cheap one did as I had never seen them for sale before. I had my doubts but glad they worked for me.

      Gasoline is high in your area. I have always meant to ask you but forget...do you have a tow vehicle?

      Delete
  2. The cheaper Night Vision Glasses have helped me for the last Forty Years even before it was a popular thing to wear. They don't have to be Polarized but Daytime Sunglasses should be to better protect your eyes from the Sun.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your new purchases.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for confirming that Rick and Kathy had I known that before I would not have minded paying full price for them.

      Delete
  3. I will have to keep an eye out for those glasses at the Dollar store. I don't drive anymore, and rarely go out at night, but it would be fun to have a pair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At a dollar a pop you can not go wrong with a pair. I used them the other day while I was doing yard work and everything around me looked brighter.

      Delete
  4. Well I am going to have to try these glasses, I haven' been able to drive at night for years.
    You always have great gas prices

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not like to drive at night either but sometimes I have no choice. With it getting dark early it cuts into my going out to run errands late in the afternoon.

      I am not saying that I can see 100 percent better but it does help to minimize the glare from the headlights of other cars and that in itself is a good thing.

      Delete
  5. I am so glad to hear about the night vision glasses and will be on the lookout for them. I am terribly night blind and try to never drive after dark, but sometimes I really need to. And it can get dark here really quickly in the winter. Great tip!
    I paid $2.89 a gallon for gas.
    Glad you were able to get your new tv. Now I hope you can get your sleep cycle adjusted so that you can enjoy it.
    Auntie Acid is so funny. We don't have Wal-Mart here. The nearest one is 65 miles north, in Butte. I still see people in their pajamas sometimes. Not as much as in the cities, but still.
    We have been in the twenties, weather wise. There is a snow alert for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Ms.Penny! I think night blindness must have something to do with our age. I remember when I was a kid and going on vacation...Dad always stopped before night fall.

      I guess $2.89 is not so bad when you live so far north. Temperatures in the twenties with snow alerts...I do not know how a Texas gal gets used to that. I do not like temperatures in the three digits but I don't like cold weather either.

      I suppose a lot of people took advantage of the $85.00 TV's because it took them eleven days to arrive. This TV is going in the kitchen so I can watch my Spurs games while I wash dishes or make an attempt to cook dinner.

      I love Aunty Acid she always manages to hit a note with me. I must say that I have never seen anything out of the ordinary at the Del Rio Walmart or for that matter in Houston but then again I do not go there that frequently.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.