Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Visitor / More deaths / Brisket plate

I have not been picking up the trash the litterbugs throw along the outer fence line in some time...decided to remedy that this morning. I usually have bad luck and have people stop and try to talk to me when I am doing this chore so I was prepared...I made sure I had two masks on followed by my face shield and latex gloves. Now that I was prepared not a single person engaged me in conversation and the only one that followed me outside was Paquito.

I had left the front gate open so when I heard the trash truck go by I went to bring in the trash bin. I was wheeling it back up the driveway to the backyard when a car went by and honked at me. I had no idea who it was so I just waved. Came back inside and washed my hands when I heard a voice outside but I could not make out what they said. Grabbed my mask and face shield and headed back out. Did not see anyone but the same car was parked by the fence so I walked over to it.

I was surprised that it was a friend of my mother's and Mr. Joe's wife's mother. I have mentioned her before on my blog, she is a very sweet lady and grandmother to the rowdy/drunk. We had a long chat and I think Mrs. Joe was getting irritated as she was waiting for her and I could see her looking out her window.

She told me all the mutual people we had in common that had passed since the epidemic began. Just two days ago I had gone to the three local funeral homes webpages to find a person that recently passed so we could send flowers. I was surprised to see the obituaries of two people I knew. My college roommate's brother-in-law and the twenty-year-old granddaughter of a neighbor when we lived in town. This young girl's death was not Covid related but due to a traffic accident in San Marcos, Texas where she was attending college.

In the past two days, we have had 89 new Covid-19 cases bringing a total of active cases to 592. To date, we have had 183 deaths.

This afternoon I went to pick up our mail and finally stopped at the car wash...the car really needed it.  Gasoline went up again but due to my CRS do not remember what the new going price was 😕

I have not had fast food in MONTHS so I stopped at Hot Pit B-B-Q across from the main HEB to pick up a brisket plate. Prices have gone up here too.

This was our last nice day before the weather turns sour. After we burnt through the morning fog we had a high of 80 degrees

Good night. May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid Saying of the Day



Header Picture




12 comments:

  1. Even after they get the first wave under control there are still all those Variants we'll have to deal with.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the solitude.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully, the vaccines can also handle the variants. Now the important thing is to get the vaccines in people's arms.

      Delete
  2. How awful that people toss their trash and litter the roads. We don't see a lot of that here, thank goodness.
    I am glad you were able to visit with your friend and get caught up. I am sure your Mom was glad to hear from an old friend, as well. It is just too bad the major news was of so many friends and loved ones suffering from the virus. The vaccine rollout is a mess. I'm sure many of the people there are either unable or unwilling to get the vaccine and that is just compounding the problem. Good that you suit up to go out to avoid catching it.
    I am envious you got to enjoy that brisket plate. Sounds heavenly. I honestly don't remember the last time I had brisket like it is made in Texas. One of my favorite things. What side dishes come with the dinner?
    I have been listening to the impeachment proceedings on MTPR and watching various clips on YouTube. I think anyone who was there that day has been traumatized for life. I just keep wondering how all the maggots (not a typo) have been brainwashed.
    Love Auntie Acid, and your quote.
    Stay safe and warm, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mrs. Joe's mom did not come inside the house. She and I spoke outside by the fence as she sat in her car and I stood next to her window. She was on her way to her daughter's house when she saw the gate open and me bringing in the trash.

      She was driving the new car her husband had recently gifted her so I had no idea it was her. She just wanted to make sure we were OK since she says every time she comes to her daughter's house the gate is locked and she never sees us outside. Her daughter has assured her that we still live here. She is a wonderful lady but she worries too much.

      The brisket was so delicious it melted in your mouth. You have your choice of two sides from pinto beans, coleslaw, and potato salad. I chose pinto beans and potato salad. It also comes with Texas toast and a 30 oz. sweet or unsweeten tea.

      I have been following the impeachment too it has been so well laid out but we all know that the republicans except for a brave few will never hold him accountable. It is a shame they care more about their political careers than upholding the Constitution.

      If anything positive comes out of this is that moderate republicans and those that are not radicalized can now see the "big lie" they were fed by this disgraced twice impeached ex-president for what it is. There is no hope for his hardcore kool-aid drinking cult followers.

      I am pleasantly surprised that most people in this area are willing to take the vaccine the only problem as in many parts of the nation is the lack of available vaccines.

      Stay safe and warm as well amiga!

      Delete
  3. Glad you had a warm day before the cold air hits. At least the ground will be warm. We're to have zero-one degrees on Sunday and Monday nights. Or something like that. I'm old and have lived here forever and have never seen below 5. OK. Here's to staying warm and the electricity on and the water not freezing up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wrote this last night so today it has been raining and COLD! Sunday and Monday are supposed to be record-setting days in the teen's something that does not happen in this area very often...hope they are wrong!

      Delete
  4. P.S. I'm about 240 miles northeast of you. South of Abilene about 70 miles. So I suspect you'll have some cool air filtering down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We certainly will...not looking forward to it :-(

      Delete
  5. Its so sad all these deaths and some jerks still think its not real.

    Stay warm with this cold front heading your way. We have had mid 70's this week but Sunday we will drop down into the 60's, nights haven't been to bad in the mid 40's I'm good with that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad we can not trade temperatures. I would take your temperatures over ours right about now. It is going to be a challenging couple of days. I know people that live in cold climates are probably rolling their eyes as they read this but we are not used to these arctic fronts in Texas.

      Delete
    2. And things aren't built for it here! Makes a lot of difference.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.