Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Tuesday, July 5, 2022

CNN Concert / 4th of July 2022

I tried out the Perrier Caffeine & Yerba Mate 11.75 fluid oz. energy drink on Saturday afternoon around 4:00 p.m. hoping it would kick in by 7:00 p.m. so I could get to my outdoor chores...boy did it! Not only did it make me even more nervous than coffee but it kept me from being able to fall asleep all night and part of Sunday 😕

Since the temperature reached 104 degrees I also tried out my Polar Hat. To activate it you need to pour water on it and then place it on your head. I do not know if it was the effects of the energy drink but it did not feel 20 degrees cooler than the outside temperature like it's advertised to feel. My old beat-up cowboy hat sprayed with cool water has the same effect. The only thing I liked was that it has an adjustable strap that kept it firmly on my head with the strong winds that do not seem to want to leave the area.

I overdid the yard work and paid dearly for it Sunday and Monday and to a certain extent also today. Not as many mesquite pods will be going in the trash tomorrow and I am perfectly fine with it as we do not expect rain anytime soon.

I was very happy that there were very few fireworks popped this year...that is until last night when the people went crazy.  Do they not know we are in a severe drought? The poor animals that are outside like the cats, dogs, and horses were under stress. This went on until 1:00 a.m.

I was saddened to learn of another senseless mass shooting of all things at a 4th of July parade in Highland Park, Illinois. When is all this going to end? I do not think it will be in my lifetime. I have my hopes set on the younger generation.

I had to get away from the coverage and watched the CNN concerts from different locations in the United States. I have to admit that I did not know many of the performers except those from my youth like Willie Nelson, Carlos Santana, and the Doobie Brothers.




I did not have my phone nearby when Willie Nelson was playing and I thought I saw a guy that looked like Beto O'Rouke in the band...sure enough it was him but I did not get to document it. I had forgotten Beto had a band when he was a young lad.

They showed firework displays from several cities including my old hometown of Houston, Texas. It brought back a lot of memories of prior Fourths. One of my dear friends recently bought a condo in the Galleria area on the eighth floor...bet she had a magnificent view!


Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid




12 comments:

  1. No rain so the mesquite pods will just lay there. Sounds like me. It's going to be hot this week. Glad you recovered a bit from your yard work, and anything that makes it feel 20 degrees cooler will be a good thing.....take care of yourself. (And don't watch the news much. We're in for a long haul I think. ) Whoa, you've got a friend with a bit of money.....I'll bet she DID have a good view.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gates of hell are going to open up and send us their heat. Per the weather forecasters, it will be HOT with no chance for any precipitation. :-(

      I am taking a break from the news for a couple of days. I will watch YouTube videos of the lady vandwellers and all the fun they are having at their meet-ups.

      My friend is an empty nester and decided to downsize and sell her beautiful large home for believe it or not...a one-bedroom condo...now that is downsizing!

      Delete
    2. Good for her...she's got a view. That counts. Glad you are taking a break from the news.

      Delete
  2. Guess you figured out never to have an energy drink after noon. I've never had one but my daughter drink them all the time but she has 2 jobs.
    Not to much noise around here but it is dry dummies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since unlike "real coffee" it had a good taste, I was hoping it would not affect me adversely. I do need the push caffeine gives me perhaps I will only drink half and certainly none in the afternoon...I have learned my lesson.

      Delete
  3. Any day I have a regular Coffee it is first thing in the morning. After that it's Decaf.
    The US has gotten a bad reputation for all these Mass Shootings.
    Be Safe and Enjoy staying cool.

    It's about time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good rule...coffee only in the morning...Decaf after that.

      I believe politicians know what needs to be done about these mass shootings...ban assault weapons...unfortunately we are so divided I do not think we will ever come together until a new generation of politicians are elected to office or we have term limits.

      Delete
  4. I had to create a blog to comment! LOL and I am trying how to delete Facebook so maybe I will blog. No posts yet but will start September 1. On The Road Some More @blogspot. I am in New Mexico as I was buying land to live on here but have had breast cancer and cancer is expensive so losing it all but cancer is gone will start radiation in 2 weeks and when I finish 3 weeks of that I am hitting the road. Stay cool there in Del Rio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, On The Road Some More!

      I am not sure who you are, I know of three people that might fit your description but I don't want to randomly guess. I am happy for anyone fortunate to be able to beat cancer. Good luck with the radiation treatments, hope you find your land soon.

      Delete
    2. You had me fooled I thought you were someone else it wasn't until I read the message you left about Debi's passing that I knew it had to be you.

      Drop me an email...I have the same address.

      Delete
    3. I was hacked last fall and had to get a new email so lost all the addresses I had.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.