Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Thursday, July 14, 2022

Car inspection / Dairy Queen / Life is Good / DD's

I had intended to drive into town early but as usual, other things came up.  At three o'clock I decided that no matter how hot it was I needed to take my car to get inspected. I lucked out as there was only one car ahead of me and I passed the time talking to the owner's father who is a very jovial individual. I have mentioned this small family business before it is called Mario's Tire Shop. They will gladly do business with you but they do not take checks or credit cards only cash.

Today was Double Spoon Day at Dairy Queen, that means you get an extra spoon that will count toward the five spoons required to get a free meal. I do not care for Apps on my phone, I only have two...Dairy Queen and Border Wait Times.


It was delicious! 😋

Headed to my bank but this time to the branch at the mall since I was running out of cash but forgot to ask for a checkbook cover and a register that my new credit union won't provide for free. Marshalls is across the way from them so went to check it out. They had lots of things on sale but I only purchased this neat contraption that is a 4-in-1can cooler that will accommodate a regular can, tumbler, slim can, or a bottle. It will come in handy when I go camping this fall.


I liked the story behind the guys that started this company. For five years, Bert and John Jacobs drove up and down the East Coast, selling their T-shirt designs on the streets and in college dorms. They slept in their van, lived on PB&J, and showered when they could. Then in 1994, with just $78 to their names, they designed their first Life is Good t-shirt to counter the negative news and discovered how those three simple words could inspire people to focus on the good. Today, Life is Good continues to spread the power of optimism and help kids in need.

Then I headed to DD's where I bought a collapsable dish rack and a little sink mat. The dishwashing rack cost $4.99 and the matching nonslip soft sink mat was $2.99 much cheaper than online or at Ollie's.



Tomorrow will be another day of running around hopefully I can take care of everything in the morning hours.

Good night. May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid




6 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to safely get all your errands completed.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh oh oh. To have a spring fed creek in the area is a wonderful thing. Your header photo is wonderful. This time of year, such a thing is much to be desired. Got you got things done in the heat and didn't die. I'm trying to be home by 10.....though we did get a break yesterday. Clouds and maybe 1/8 rain, but the temp dropped 20 degrees rapidly at 4 PM. And it was much cooler this morning. Didn't last long, but it reminded me that sometimes, the weather is more friendly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that because of the heat, the guys did not have the same number of customers that they usually do. In a way, the weather was beneficial at least in my case.

      Wow, to be home by 10:00 a.m...I wish I could say the same. Glad you got a break...any amount of rain as insignificant as it may be, is always a plus in our drought-stricken state.

      Glad you liked the header picture.

      Delete
  3. I try not to be out past 9am but some days it just doesn't work like that. Had to pick up a refill so while there grabbed some fresh veggies as Walmart's stuff hasn't been very good and they haven't had zucchini in 2 weeks while Safeway and plenty both weeks. And then met up with my daughter for lunch which of course they were late so my day ended late and it was 109 by time I got home.
    Good to hear your car passed emissions and you are good to go. The wracks are pretty nice looking and the prices were really good. Love the cooling cup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was at Walmart today, and they had a good selection of fresh vegetables, but I didn't buy any...not even my beloved avocados...as I am afraid that if the grid goes down, it will all spoil. :-(

      I have not been inside a restaurant in years only fast food places. Glad you were able to have lunch with your daughter. JO...109-degrees is too darn hot!

      One of the benefits of living in a small town is that we do not have an emissions test in Del Rio or surrounding counties, unlike in Harris County (Houston) so I get so save a little money.

      I bought the collapsable rack and sink mat for my future camping trip in October.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.