Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Saturday, July 30, 2022

Lower gasoline prices / Walmart / HEB

Yesterday (Friday, July 29th) I got an e-mail from HEB Pharmacy saying I had some prescriptions ready to be picked up. It was already 2:00 p.m. but I also needed to go to the post office to pick up our mail. I debated whether or not to go but I am expecting some important documents so decided to bite the bullet and go out in the heat. 😟

By the time I reached the pharmacy drive-thru, it was 3:00 p.m. and the line was LONG! The drive-thru is close to the gasoline pumps and people were driving like maniacs trying to beat the next guy to the line. The price had gone down since the last time I was here to $3.739 for a gallon of unleaded but it did not merit the recklessness exhibited by some. I opted to not pick up my prescriptions.

Since I was already out and about I went to Walmart to check out a folding picnic table I saw the last time I was there. The Chili Cook-off is only three months away and I want to be ready. There is another table I saw on the YouTube Vlog Dome Life that you can set up using only one hand. It is sold at Home Depot and I will have to go check that one out when it is not so hot.

Avocados finally went down so I bought three but it will be a while before I am able to eat them as they are hard as rocks.


Rick and Kathy Rousseau http://ricknkathyrousseau.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2022-07-28T22:16:00-04:00&max-results=1&start=1&by-date=false on their blog featured strawberries and made me want some. I was surprised they were so affordable and had to buy them.


This was the going price at the Walmart pumps on Friday...


Forward to this morning. I was wide awake by 4:30 a.m. so decided to start my day. The pharmacy does not open until 8:30 a.m. on Saturdays but this time I went inside. Even though it was still early the parking lot was packed.


There was plenty of water in the 40-bottle package but none in the 24-bottle pack which is what I normally purchase.

Last week I bought HEB's version of Spam but they did not have the low sodium can until today. It was a bargain at $1.48 each. Another plus is that they do not expire until 2026.


Bought some more Family Size cans of Beef Stew at $4.18...expires in 2025.



Some off-brand cans of corn at .58 cents...expires in 2024


Pasta Rings with meatballs for .67 cents...expires in 2024




The lady in front of me at the checkout lane arrived at the store at the same time I did. It does not show up in the photo but she had a long sleeve shirt, face mask, disposable gloves, and a clear plastic shower cap on. That will be me in a couple of years. Glad she is not taking any chances as the new Covid strain cases are growing locally as well as in Ciudad Acuña.


This was the price at the pumps at HEB this morning. I do not know why this phone does not photograph pixel images well.


$3.729 for Unleaded
$4.699 for Diesel


We are in the triple digits and have been for who knows how many days now with no probability of rain.  

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid



8 comments:

  1. Your photos are fine! Glad you stocked up.....and with stuff that will last a while. Same old same old temps here. Brave woman you are to get out after noon. Glad you survived.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to give credit to the YouTube Prepper channels for doing such a good job of getting the word out in particular Patara of Appalachia's Homestead.

      These temperatures are about to drive me batty...I can hardly wait till October! I have a lot of things to do next week so I had to force myself to get this done this weekend.

      Delete
  2. Nope not me in afternoon heat, don't care how bad the errand is not happening. You picked up some great canned goods with nice long dates. I haven't bought any storage foods for a while but I did buy 2 gallons of water, I have a 12 pk in the shed I need to bring in the house before they explode from the heat. Yes Auntie Acid you are so right LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no other choice JO since if I do not go pick up my prescriptions they return them to their stock after a few days and next week will be a busy one.

      Bottled water has been scarce here lately. I heard on the news that Nevada and New Mexico will run out of water soon as they only have 50 days of clean water supply left...that is a scary thought! By all means, bring in your 12 pack of water or it will surely explode in the shed in your high temperatures.

      Yes, Aunty Acid nailed the quote from Eleanor Roosevelt.

      Delete
    2. WOW that's bad sign when they are telling folks they are running out of safe water. The shelves in Family Dollar had plenty of water on the shelves. Guess I better stock up. Although we are getting lots of rain right now had a real down pour today lasted almost 45 min.

      Delete
    3. I do not know what I would do if I lived in Nevada or New Mexico. Today I also heard on one of my YouTube Financial Channels that California is planning on turning sewer water into potable water as their water supply is also running low. This affects the farmers and the crops they grow...imagine them having to water their crops with this...that is an E.coli outbreak in the making!

      I am so happy you got some good rain today...here is hoping it comes down Texas way!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the shoutout but those Strawberries are just perfect for eating at this time of year.
    I know what you mean about getting things done before the heat sets in.
    The Phone captures what it sees and if the angle of the shot is off just a bit it will appear the way it did.
    Wish our prices were as low as what your's are.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rick and Kathy, I have to quit reading your blog on an empty stomach as you guys know how to stage your food perfectly and I have very little self-restraint when it comes to food. I failed to mention that I was also going to purchase a chocolate cake like yours but ended up buying a carrot cake...I have no willpower! :-D

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.