Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, July 27, 2022

The Dog Days of Summer

As I grow older, dealing with these triple-digit Texas temperatures seems more challenging. It is not like they just started happening it gets HOT in Texas every summer and always has. When I lived in Houston it was not only hot but humid but for some reason, I do not recall it affecting me perhaps because I went from my air-conditioned house to my air-conditioned car to my air-conditioned office.

Every time I go into town now I come back exhausted. I like to watch late-night comedy shows so I can laugh and relax after listening to the not-so-nice news of the day. I have not even made it past the ten o'clock nightly news lately thus my lack of posts.

I much prefer sleeping to going online. With that said I am wide awake by 4:00 a.m. At least I am getting six hours of sleep nightly that when one suffers from insomnia is a wonderful thing. If you can sleep through the night you do not know how fortunate you are.

Since the rise of gasoline prices, I have been filling up as soon as I use 1/4 of a tank. My trip to MĂ©xico last week brought my gauge closer to half a tank but at least gasoline prices are going down so I put it off a little longer. Sunday I made an early trip to the HEB gasoline pumps where I was the only car there...at least for a few minutes...then everyone started to show up.

$3.859 for Unleaded gas
$4.789 for Diesel

Before going inside the store I spotted this El Camino...it has been a long time since I have seen one.


I stocked up on more canned goods, water, toilet paper, and something I have not eaten in a long time...Beef Jerky...


Monday I went to Walmart and was surprised to find they were mostly out of water.


Laughed at the price of a dozen eggs...😂...there is no way I was going to pay that plus we don't eat that many eggs.


Gasoline was .03 cents cheaper here. I apologize as I do not know why these photos came out smaller when I emailed them to myself.


The weather is so crazy from drought, fires, triple-digit temperatures, monsoons, and torrential rains in our nation as well as in the rest of the world. I hope wherever you may happen to be reading me that you and your family are safe.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid



8 comments:

  1. Like you said it's wise to take advantage of Sleep whenever you can get it.
    Now that we are half way through another year, things will start to level off. That's what we pay for eggs up here.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your sleep.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sleep is a precious commodity that I highly value. In West Texas we will not see any relief from the high temperatures until late October...if we are lucky...it is not unusual to see 90-degree days in November and December.

      Delete
  2. Everybody I know is tired, irrritable or depressed. We've been having this since May. Usually, it would only be June and July. But just 100 or 100+ everyday and NO rain. So far, the grid is doing OK with keeping us all air conditioned, but there are a lot of us now. Maybe they are working extra hard not only because of politics, but also because of their own comfort (unless they have gas stand-by generators for their houses, which some probably do) and fear that the populace will be out with pitchforks (if anybody has the energy to hold one). Ooof.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wholeheartedly agree with your assessment of our current state of affairs. There is no doubt in my mind that the politicians have gas standby generators in their homes as they are not taking any chances after having almost frozen to death in February 2021...well, except for CancĂșn Cruz!

      Delete
    2. Ha. I'd forgotten about that. What a piece of work he is.

      Delete
    3. When you watch late-night shows as I do they make fun of everyone and Cruz was an example of what a politician should not be. Glad they dragged his rear end through the wringer.

      You can Google CancĂșn Cruz and out will pop his hideous mug much like Moscow Mitch...those two nicks are here to stay for eternity for those two clowns!

      Delete
  3. Your prices on gas are great, I guess I'll find out what they are here tomorrow if I can force myself out the door for some groceries. We have had some rain and it wasn't gully washers here but other parts of Pima County have had some flash flooding. It has been cooler but OH MY the humidity has been awful guess we can't have it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is one good thing about living in Texas...also known as the Energy Capital of the World...we benefit from lower gasoline prices than other parts of the nation. San Antonio and Houston usually have lower prices than Del Rio.

      One of the YouTube Financial Channels I follow...Jeremiah Babe...was in Arizona and the sky was so dark it looked like a terrible storm was on the way...that is when he mentioned a monsoon was coming and I thought of you. Stay cool and safe.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.