Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Friday, August 10, 2012

105 Degrees

It reached 105 degrees at 1:36 p.m. something that does not usually happen until four or five o’clock in the afternoon and I was crazy enough to be out at this particular time.


There is no way I will ever repeat my trip to downtown Houston just to go to the bank, so made sure I took care of that chore before I left. 



The water bill has not arrived yet so had to go to the City of Del Rio Water department to leave a deposit equal to last months bill.  It would be a bummer to come home in this sweltering heat after a long drive from Houston to find the water had been disconnected.

Trouble was asking about Walter.  Had not seen him since the day he bolted out the downed back fence.  Spoke to the kids last week and they told me they had gone to a party that day and came home late at night to find my note.  They found him grazing in the empty lots behind the church.

The following day their father took him to their cousin’s house and that is where he was until yesterday afternoon that I once again saw him in his corral.  Today when I was getting ready to go into town I saw him out on the street where two cars almost hit him…he had gotten out again!

I ran to get my keys so I could go tell the kids but by this time they were both running after him trying to catch him and that made Walter run even more.  They were finally successful and I watched them take him back to his corral.  I do not know what has gotten into that horse :-(

With gas prices going up decided to fill up.  Regular gasoline was going for $3.45 a gallon today.



Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

8 comments:

  1. TY!! Glad to hear news about Walter. We had 106 here yesterday about 4 or 5 PM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was talking to a lady at the flea market this morning who is down here visiting her grandkids. She said that she phoned home this morning to Pennsylvania and it was 60 degrees up there in Greenville. Burr, I almost came home and put on a jacket. . . yea, right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish the Pennsylvania weather would mossy on down this way :)

      Delete
  3. Walter is unhappy and wants a new home and some stable buddies.
    Horses love to be around people and other animals.
    I had a horse ,and i got him a goat for a buddy.
    It is hot here in Fl, but no that hot!!
    Stay cool

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Walter needs company me thinks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only the boys would pay more attention to him. If they didn't during the summer it is highly unlikely they will now that school is about to start.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.