Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Monday, August 27, 2012

Wrapping It Up

I sure hope this is the last time I write this…“ Woke up early”…but unfortunately I did even though I went to bed around 5:00 a.m. I was wide-awake by 7:00 a.m.  Being an insomniac is not fun.

Ran last minute errands and made a list of all the things I need to take back to Del Rio with me just in case I do not have the opportunity to come back before the Chili Cook-off in Terlingua.

I really do not know how I am going to fit all the things I need in a sedan but I will have to.  I have tons of stuff sitting in the living room floor that need to hitch a ride back with me.

For those of you that are considering going to the Chili Cook-off you better start planning now because it is just around the corner.  It is always held the first weekend in November but people start arriving way before then. A gentlemen that camps close to my friends arrived a month before.

If everything goes well I hope to leave for Del Rio tomorrow after the morning rush hour.  If you do not see me post, hopefully it will be because I finally got to sleep late and rest my tired body.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

8 comments:

  1. Sometimes I get confused. It seems like you must have a home in Houston and one in Del Rio and one in Terlingua. Is that correct?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the confusion Dizzy. I only have one home, that is in Houston where I have lived for 30 plus years.

      My mother lives in Del Rio and I spend a lot of time there because the past couple of years she has had health issues.

      My dream is to one day purchase a little plot of land in Terlingua but to date that has not happened yet.

      Delete
    2. Trouble sorry for the confusion as well.

      Billy Bob and other long time bloggers whom I have been commenting on their blogs for almost four years know me a little better than those who just got to know me when I started this blog a year ago.

      Delete
  2. MsB, one of my employee's goes to Terlingua and cooks almost every year, I'll have him look you up this year, I won't make it, I have to work, dang it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad you have to work. Maybe one year you and Patti came make it down and they also allow you to bring your pets so your little dog can come too.

      Delete
  3. By the way, do you hang out with The Tolbert group, or CASI bunch?

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.