Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Thursday, August 23, 2012

C & D Scrap Metal

For years I have seen commercials for C & D Scrap Metal Recyclers Inc. where they will pay you in $2.00 bills.  Monday I had to run an errand around the 610 West Loop area and I decided to take my aluminum cans and cash them in.


I had never been there before so did not realize that it is more suited for commercial type of recycling not so much for someone selling a couple of bags of aluminum cans.  The wait is long and they have a policeman on premises telling you when to advance.  At first it looked pretty small for a recycler that advertises so heavily but I did not realize they had more land across the street.

Could not help but notice that there was a three story condo/townhouse complex adjacent to it and wondered if they had sold half of their land to that developer.  Who in the world would want to live next to a busy and noisy scrap metal yard?


When I was in line to get my money I notice a sign that advised you had to take your hat and sunglasses off so they can get a clear picture of you.  They also made you give them a digital thumb print.  Glad to see that they have this in place for all those lousy good for nothing copper thieves.  I asked the owner if I had to have my picture taken for “selling cans”?  He said I did not and he handed me $12.00…now I have a little more room in my shed.

With my newly acquired twelve dollars in my purse I went to Staples to get me the buy of the week.  Remember I have mentioned on prior posts how I started writing my diary at age nine?  Then as an adult I graduated to spiral notebooks?  Well this bargain involves said spiral notebooks that were on sale for .01 cent…yes, you heard right one US penney, limit 6 when you bought $5.00 or more.  I needed printing paper which was on sale and with easy Staples rebate it ended costing $2.00.


Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

10 comments:

  1. Hee hee hee....you so tight you squeek.

    Dang, and I thought I was get'n a deal on notebooks for a dime each.

    I used to repair government (FHA) house systems. All the copper tubing was gone. Replaced it all and the following morning....all the copper tubing was gone. Can you believe that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me tight? jajajajaja...no, I just like a good bargain.

      Yeap, I can believe the copper tubing was gone! Worthless thieves GRRRRRRRRRRR...

      Delete
  2. Yep... The copper thieves have really screwed the honest people. There was a church in Plano that had the ACs stolen three times within a month. The old units and copper were stolen the first time and then two more times brand new units and copper were stolen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes a real low life to steal from a church and three times to boot...I'd like to think there is a special kind of hell for people like that!

      I guess I am very lucky that they have not stolen mine since I don't live here full time. Two of my neighbors have had theirs stolen.

      Delete
  3. WAIT!!! Go back!!! You still have 9.94 left!!!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I am saving the rest for the Labor Day weekend specials :D

      Delete
  4. No mosquitoes in Houston? Maybe their spaying efforts from trucks and the air are working. The news said that they spayed most of the north west section the other night. Have you heard any low flying airplanes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remember I asked you after I went back to Del Rio after the 4th of July and it started raining buckets in Houston how the mosquito population was doing? You answered that it was normal.

      When I came down in late March I remember getting bitten to death but both in late June, early July and now August I have not seen a single mosquito by my house or anywhere.

      I live in Northwest Houston and I too heard they were going to do aerial sprayings but I did not hear or smelled anything.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.