Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Thursday, August 16, 2012

I’m Tired

The trip, the heat, the yard work, and all the running around have really gotten the best of me.  I have been getting up early and starting the yard work before the heat of the day sets in.

With all the rain we had in July and with the current West Nile virus in Texas, I am surprised that I have not seen a single mosquito in my yard.  This is very odd…we always have mosquitoes in Houston!

I have been bit, but by ants that have made huge mounds in the trees I had cut down after hurricane Ike.  The backyard has been hard to cut because the crabgrass is so thick.  I have lost about 60 percent of my St. Augustine grass after the drought last year and weeds and other grasses have taken over.

I have been bagging so many grass clippings and thinking how much Walter would enjoy nibbling on them.  This is when I wish I had a truck!  Unfortunately I cannot afford the valuable cargo space they would require, so they will have to go in the trash.

Would you believe me if I told you that I went to bed at 6:13 p.m. yesterday?  Well I did, I laid down in my zero gravity chair to watch the news and fell asleep until the phone rang but since I do not pick up the phone unless I can hear who is on the other end and no one left a message…I went right back to sleep. Of course I woke up at 4:45 a.m. but I certainly was refreshed!  However after putting in four hours and 35 minutes this morning I’m tired again : (

This weekend it is supposed to rain so tomorrow is the last opportunity I have to finish up the backyard.  I am not to worried though, as the front yard is done and I am not in danger of getting a love letter from my HOA.

Just in case I fall asleep before my bedtime I have decided to make my post early.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

4 comments:

  1. Back in my younger days I used to party every night, make it to work the next day and do that over and over. About every two weeks it would catch up to me and I'd come home from work, set down and conk out for hours. Don't know how in the heck I ever did that.

    Glad you're getting a lot done, but don't over do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember what it was like to live "La Vida Loca"...oh to be young once more (sigh) :(

      I am trying to take it easy this time so I do not hurt my back.

      Delete
  2. Don't over do it, especially in the heat. You don,t think that you want to wind up in the hospital again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is why I have been going outside early and quitting before noon.

      Dizzy the last time I was in a hospital was 18 years ago...I think you must be confusing me with someone else.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.