Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Friday, August 31, 2012

Tied A Record

It officially got to 104 degrees today in Del Rio, Texas tying a record set in 1956.  I am so sick of this heat and look forward to fall and chilly nights especially if they involve a campfire, a full moon and Terlingua.

Have I been sleeping late?  Not with my neighbors Chihuahua’s who instead of taking their morning pee, the first thing they do when she takes them out is start their yapping!  However I have managed to sneak in a couple of naps during the day and while watching the afternoon news.

Apart from watering mother’s trees at midnight and getting even with the neighbors by waking them up when their dogs bark at me…have not done much.

Hope you all have a great Labor Day weekend.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

9 comments:

  1. You sly thing...waking up your poor neighbors at midnight. I would find a disturbance (invent something) to keep them yap'n dogs up all night long. Give me a few days and I might just come up with something....

    Good to see ya made it back home safely. You DID didn't you? Safely that is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, Billy Bob look forward to your ideas :D

      Yes, I made it back to Mom's safe and sound.

      Delete
  2. Woohooo,,,LOVE the getting even! That's what i told my son and bro to do over there in their neighborhood,,,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not the revengeful type but every once in a while it does not hurt to give the neighbors a taste of their own medicine.

      Delete
  3. The few months I worked in Del Rio I HATED that place. HOT! seems like it had Terlingua type temps with the lake humidity.

    Can't say as I blame you for the paybacks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeap hot and humid that is Del Rio. I guess with age I feel it more now.

      Where did you work in Del Rio?

      Delete
    2. MsB. I worked at some air conditioning place there. That was ,any years ago and I don't even remember the name.

      Delete
    3. Guess you did not like Del Rio? Apart from the heat and there being nothing to do for my age group, I guess it is ok :)

      Delete
  4. As for the price of beer. According to a recent analysis by the Beer Institute, a national beer trade association that represents beer brewers and importers, 45 percent of what consumers pay for a beer goes to taxes.

    "That makes taxes the most expensive ingredient in your beer" says Joe McClain, the President of the Beer Institute.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.