Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Desert Rose

For the past couple of days I have been trying to fill up my tank in gas stations where the price is under $3.50 per gallon, however that has been a challenge as the lines were long and my patience was short.  Yes, I know that must come as a shock to some of you but patience is not one of my virtues :D


Yesterday (Saturday) I got up early and made the trip to Kroger’s where if you use your Kroger Plus Card you get .03 off per gallon, so I ended up paying $3.46 a gallon.  So if the price of gasoline goes up overnight I can make it back to Del Rio without having to fill up if need be.

Did not know there was a 35 gallon limit
This Kroger is not the closest one to my house but it is the closest one to me that has a gas station.  It is located by Popeye’s and Taco Cabana eating establishments that I do frequent and the other day I thought I saw a street named Desert Rose.  Yesterday being early in the morning and with no traffic to speak of, I confirmed that I in fact had seen the correct street name.


This morning I once again woke up early (darn when will I ever wake up late) so went to buy the Sunday paper as I was unable to do so yesterday (they sell the Sunday paper on Saturday in Houston) as it rained from 3:14 p.m. until this morning and I do not drive in the rain.


Walgreen’s was not opened yet, so went to buy me breakfast at Jack in the Box and then decided to see if the newspaper boy was outside Food Town, which he was.  That is when I spotted a beauty shop named Desert Rose Salon. What a coincidence!  I don’t think Denese knows I have a blog but I thought it was rather odd that I would run into her Blogger nick two days in a row.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

6 comments:

  1. Now... What are they doing using the name Desert in Houston? Maybe Denese is richer then we all think. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The same thought came to mind...who would associate Houston and "Desert"?

      I remember reading on her blog that she had tried to registered her website but it was already taken by of all people a cement company!

      Delete
  2. Who is this? I don't see any blogs you follow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I am late to answer this but Tffnguy was gracious enough to do it for me.

      Delete
  3. TnT, here's the link to her blog. http://thepathtobliss.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.