Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Friday, August 24, 2012

Lawn mower bit the dust!

I guess it should not surprise me anymore as all my life I have had a sixth sense about things.  I remember being on vacation as a teenager and telling my parents that we were soon going to be in a wreck and 30 minutes later we rolled over.  Knowing my house had been burglarized, and so many other instances to many to mention.

This morning I got up early since we had a 60 percent chance of precipitation and wanted to mow the lawn before it started to rain.  I have been busy this past week trying to dig up the crabgrass in the back but something told me to mow the front yard because the mower was going to peter out on me…and by golly it did!

I did not get to finish the side of the house or the area by the mailbox but I took out my wonderful little weed eater and finished the job.  Was getting ready to clean up when it started pouring.  I have no idea how much it rained but it was easily over an inch.  Guess tomorrow I will have to mow the backyard with the weed eater, as I have no plans to buy another electric lawn mower this late in the season.

Guess I got my money’s worth as I paid $119.00 for it and it has lasted me six summers. I am sure going to miss it!


Went to Giant Dollar the other day where everything sells for $1.09 and was pleasantly surprised that they once again carry Sara Lee bread, as you know they sell it for double that price at the regular grocery stores.  What I really went to buy me though was insect repellant even though for some reason I have yet to see a single mosquito in Houston something very odd indeed.


Can you believe the Chili Cook-off is only two months from now (my friends and I go early) I have been going through my winter clothes and camping stuff to make sure I do not forget anything.  Hopefully I can maybe squeeze another trip down here before then.


Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

12 comments:

  1. Six years for $119 is a good buy. You are one for making good deals no matter where you are. If you buy another electric mower, it don't matter when you but it.....even dead of winter. I'm gonna guess you'll find one on sale for $79.

    Funny I was just think'n bout you and the chili cook off. Damn this year has gone by soooo fast.

    your yesterdays comment has been answered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seriously doubt I will ever find a new electric lawnmower for $79.00 Billy Bob...now that would be a great buy!

      Why were you thinking about the chili cook-off? Planning on coming on down?

      Thanks for answering my yesterday's comments on your blog :)

      Delete
  2. I have been wanting to head down to Terlingua again, but don't want to be there during the chili cook off. When is it over? I believe that the last time I was there it had ended the week before I came.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Chili Cook-off is held the first weekend in November. It is over Sunday Nov 4, 2012 this year.

      Most people leave Sunday to go back to work but a few of us diehards stay for a couple of days afterwards to unwind and avoid the crowds at the Border Patrol checkpoint when the mass exodus begins.

      Delete
  3. Maybe buying a new mower now is a good idea. In California most out of season things are cheaper as the stores want room for the in season products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristine! I have been keeping my eye peeled for another weed eater and at the same time a possible electric lawn mower for my mother's yard but the price has not gone down.

      It is difficult to find electric lawn mowers on sale even in summer because people have discovered them in the past couple of years and with no emissions are favorites with those wanting to go green.

      Thank you for dropping by.

      Delete
  4. You say,,,down here,,,where is that? I'm soooo lost on where you are when you do your blogs.
    Do the Goodwills have mowers? I haven't used mine in a long time,,the mower man does, so i don't know what shape it's in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with MsB on the "down here". Don't matter where you at, it's called "down here". Unless you happen to be a yankee. Then it's "up here".

      Delete
    2. Lol Trouble I only travel between Del Rio and Houston and once in a while a shopping trip to Mexico.

      In Del Rio we have next to nothing except Wal-Mart, Home Depot and HEB. When you see me posting specials I am usually "down here" in Houston :)

      My home is in Houston but I spend a great deal of time in Del Rio at my mother's house.

      Delete
    3. That's right Billy Bob you are 100% correct on the definition of "down here".

      Lol, man you have me laughing my head off :D

      Delete
  5. BB, i KNOW what "down here" is!!!!!!!!! but not when MsB is talking about it. Does it mean Houston or Del Rio????? To me could be either one. AND either one is "down yonder" from me!!!

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.