Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Camper Envy

I really enjoyed my trip back home.  There were all kinds of campers and RV’s on the road.  Some were perhaps coming back from vacation while others were barely embarking on theirs.

Many were pulling trailers with their four wheelers, bikes, coolers and all kinds of camping stuff…made me a little envious (sad face).  I, on the other hand was heading home to do even more yard work!

The good thing is that I was mentally prepared for the jungle I would find and what a jungle it was specially my backyard!  The house was an oven and it took hours to cool down.  Like Scarlett O’Hara would say, “tomorrow is another day” … I will deal with the yard work then.


Yesterday I was trying to reply to comments but the modem kept on going into “dormant” stage.  It did it again a little while ago, the good thing is that there are lots of Cricket stores within a five-mile radius of my house and unlike Del Rio, they don’t have a waiting line.

I left at 7:20 a.m. and got hungry when I saw a billboard advertising Wendy’s breakfast so decided to stop in Uvalde, Texas.  I usually bypass drive-thru windows and like to go inside even if it is to go.  Ordered a breakfast platter and I swear it took like ten minutes to get served and I was the only one there.  Turns out they did not have a lid for it and it took them forever to find some foil paper.  By the time they found some my food was already cold.

Decided to go ahead and eat there as I had already wasted valuable traveling time, no wonder they did not have a lid as bad as it tasted doubt anyone would order it.  Their mocha coffee was a disappointment as well…not bloody likely I will ever eat breakfast at a Wendy’s again.

The only fast food place that has never messed up my order is Jack in the Box and I think I will stick with them or wait until I get to Nora’s Tacos in Sabinal.

The cheapest gas between Del Rio and Houston was found in San Antonio, Texas at $3.39 for a gallon of Unleaded gasoline.


Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

8 comments:

  1. Gas is about the same price here. BTW, Jack in the Box has the BEST stuffed jalapenos I have ever had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I never know where you go,,or where you are coming from. Are you now in Houston? Or not...
    Gas here has been 3.45 for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dread the gas prices on my trip to Deming. When I had the chance to top off my tank (bout 40 gallons)@ $3.19, I procrastinated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here I thought I was the only procrastination in the crowd!

      Delete
    2. Too darn early...meant to say..."Here I thought I was the only PROCRASTINATOR in the crowd!"

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.