Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Friday, August 17, 2012

Tax Free Weekend

Woke up early and debated whether to go have breakfast or finish up the backyard.  Decided I did not want to do either one of those things.  Call me crazy but decided to go check out the back to school specials at Wal-Mart of all places and then hit Target.

For those of you who do not live in Texas, every year before school starts the State declares a “Tax Free Weekend” that begins today and ends Sunday.  Parents have the opportunity to buy certain school supplies, shoes and clothing that do not cost more than $99.00 and they save by not having to pay state taxes. Depending on the county you can save as much as $8.00 for every $100.00 you spend.

Would you believe that there were hardly any people at the Wal-Mart closes to me?  Then again I have three Wal-Marts within a 10-mile radius of my house…I certainly would not try this in Del Rio! 

Went to Target and it was equally empty, I was so fortunate!  There I picked up three items that I needed but that were not tax free…not a problem as they were bargains to begin with.


I regretted my decision to not eat breakfast, as I felt faint so stopped at Whataburger for lunch.  It was packed!  The fries were not done and the hamburger was not up to par but learned my lesson…never come during the lunch rush!

Came home unloaded my stash and hit Fallas, Ross and Academy.  Was hoping to purchase some hiking boots but was a little shocked at the price…guess it had been a while since I had priced them…decided I did not need them.


I usually treat myself to Taco Cabana when I finish my To Do List but since tomorrow people will more than likely be out in full force, plus we also have the probability of rain in the forecast, decided today was good enough.


Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

4 comments:

  1. You had a busy day. Sorry you didn't get your hiking boots. My pair is probably 20 or 30 years old, but still good enough to wear. (Haven't used them much lately) The only things I get at "fast food" places is McDonalds' Salads and Jack-in-the-Box's stuffed jalapenos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have my old hiking boots but they fit me a little tight. Thought it would be nice to have some new ones but not at those prices!

      You aroused my curiosity...will have to try the stuffed jalapenos :)

      Delete
  2. When you get all those weeds cut,,,GET SOME ROUND UP,,,lolol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually it is not so much the weeds (that is at my mother's house) here in Houston it is the crabgrass. The only way to get rid of it is to dig it up :(

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.