Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, April 19, 2020

Summer is here

Just as I wrote on my last blog about the nice cool temperatures in my corner of the world... summer decided to make itself be felt. We had a low of 57 and a high of 96 degrees.  We will be in the '90s into the foreseeable future.

I have just about had it with my uncle I do not know if it is a male sort of thing as I have heard from my friends that their male significant other go out every day to purchase silly stuff like cigarettes when they can purchase a whole carton. Some are even going fishing with their buddies.

There is a saying in Spanish..." Primero cae un mentiroso que un cojo"...making reference that a liar will trip first than a person with a limp. My uncle does not know how to lie, which is a good thing I suppose.

We talk to him daily sometimes he calls twice a day which started in late March. The man goes out every single day and then he lets the cat out of the bag by letting us know what he bought at the grocery store!  He is well aware that due to his age and high blood pressure (runs in our family) he is at a higher risk but chooses to go out anyway :-(

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid Saying of the Day


10 comments:

  1. Your uncle is putting himself at even higher risk by smoking.
    If he just walked around the block or up and down the street he'd be safer.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the solitude.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rick, my uncle does not smoke we are lucky that no one in our family does.

      My best friend significant other does and he goes to the corner store every day to purchase a pack claiming "they are fresher" than if he bought a carton like my friend suggested that he do. He is not programmed to be able to stay home and finds any reason to leave the house.

      Delete
  2. Based solely on anecdotal evidence, it has appeared to me that the male of the species is having a lot more difficult time doing the right thing at present. Which is doing nothing. Nada. Apparently even the most domesticated are having trouble keeping out of the mix. But. I am sexist, and not surprised. Of course, this is not science. And I have a limited sample as well. But my anecdotal results are consistent at least.
    Hope you have a bit of cooler weather now. It was better here today.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, Judith I have to agree with your anecdotal evidence :)

      Delete
  3. My wife was not programmed to stay home,either,and would find any reason to leave the house every week-end. Never mind you get the picture. Stay at home, stay away from other folks and stay safe MsB.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your uncle sounds like he is lonely. It is harder for some people to be alone than others. It is good he can call you to stay connected and sweet that he tattles on himself. No matter what you say, you can't change him. And he isn't alone...so many are exposing themselves and others by going out so often and probably not wearing masks, goggles and gloves.
    I am still stressed from my trip out Saturday. I did all I could to avoid other people but it is still possible to be exposed. I believe the next big wave of cases is about ten days out. Easter gatherings will be the cause.
    Your friend's pack a day may be more about him going out than the cigarettes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have given up on telling my uncle not to go out. I told him back in February to go stock-up before people cleared out the store shelves but for some reason, he thought I was exaggerating.

      My cousin who is the son of his baby sister (my late aunt) lives with him...he is another one that goes out every day. I swear these men can't stay home even if it kills them and it just might.

      I have to agree about your Easter gathering assessment. I was so surprised to see the neighbors having cook-outs. Then this opening up of Texas when we do not have the needed tests to perform on the population...very worrisome.

      Indeed my friend's significant other just needs to go out it has nothing to do with the cigarettes. They are a very active couple and are always socializing they both love to travel in their RV and attend a lot of events all around Texas so this is hard on him.

      Delete
  5. Your uncle sounds like and old Italian man nobody is going to tell them what not to do or what to do.LOL My dad whas like that but he didn't lie he flat out told you what was up. Hmm I seem to resemble that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My uncle never married so he is not used to being told what to do and at this stage of the game he is not about to listen to anyone.

      I think it is always best to be upfront with people.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.