Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, April 26, 2020

Where are all these people going to or coming from?

As many of you know I suffer from insomnia and have for many years. Last night I forced myself to go to bed early but of course, could not. Shortly before 2:00 a.m. traffic began to pick up and continued until 2:20 a.m.  Bars, restaurants, and the border are closed...so where were these people coming from?

Likewise this morning the first car to drive by was actually Pollito's dump truck heading towards town at 7:30 a.m.  From there on it was a caravan of cars...again where were they going...churches are closed were they going to HEB?  I know they were not headed to Walmart because there is a back way to go to the north part of town which greatly cuts the driving time.

This afternoon I saw the rowdy/drunk neighbor pull up in his pick-up with his family.  I know he has been staying there on and off with his mother and step-father but thankfully he then leaves. More cars arrived including his grandmother who is a friend of my mother.  My take is that it must have been Mr. Joe's wife's birthday.  Seriously is that a good idea to bring together four generations in the middle of a pandemic?

I am just amazed by how people come and go every single day as though it was business as usual.  Or maybe I am just jealous because I go into a panic at the thought of having to leave the house.  I just read on the online Del Rio News-Herald Sunday Edition (surprised they allowed me) that this past Thursday they had a drive-up Covid-19 testing site at our local Civic Center.

I look forward to reading about the results because I suspect that there are more than the 12 verified cases that have been reported in Del Rio.

We had a sunny and breezy day with a low of 67 and a high of 91 degrees.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid Saying of the Day




8 comments:

  1. I'm not sure why people don't understand what the hell is going on. The only thing is that they are trump people who hang on to his every word. Jerks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not know what the political leanings of the neighbors might be. While Texas is a red state Val Verde County is blue.

      Perhaps since we have had very few cases and no deaths so far...people are not taking this seriously? All we have to do is look 144 miles east of us to San Antonio, Texas, and all the cases and deaths they are experiencing.

      Sometimes you just can't fix stupidity.

      Delete
  2. Have you tried taking Melatonin to help you sleep? Our bodies naturally produce it but depending on our diets it stops it's production. It's non-addictive by itself so you don't have to take it daily and it is put in many sleep aids.
    Like you said that party is a recipe for disaster as the younger people are most times the carriers with the seniors being on the receiving end.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the isolation.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rick, I have tried EVERYTHING!

      Melatonin affects different people in different ways and in my case did work but during the DAY instead of night as my body somehow delayed its effects.

      I have long ago accepted my condition and do not wish to take anything for it. I only mention it if it is pertinent to the story or point I am trying to make.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like there may have been some private parties going on and then dispersing at two? And yes, people are getting together for parties everywhere. Most are not thinking of anything more than there immediate gratification. No worries, they will be singing a different tune in the hospital when they are dying a horrid death. Or their children are.
    I see this ignorance on so many blogs. They don't even try to help stop the spread of this virus. Won't wear a mask or limit their store experiences. It isn't convenient for them. One, who constantly wails "Hoarders!" for everything she failed to plan ahead for just amazes me. No grasp of what tRump is deliberately doing to damage this country and KILL people, yet wails about losing followers. I know she is only one of many, many stupid people.
    I chickened out on stealth laundry. Will try again another morning. It is hard to be motivated when it is 30* at 7:00 a.m. I am more like you, not wanting to leave the safety of my property.
    Stay safe, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure there are a lot of private parties going on and May will be worst. Beginning with Cinco de Mayo followed by Mexican Mother's Day always observed on May 10th which thankfully coincides with ours and limits it to one celebration.

      I have visited some blogs whose authors were always posting on other blogs I follow and who had downplayed the Coronavirus using GOP talking points. I will admit it gives me great joy that they can not find what they are looking for and like you say blame "hoarders" rather than their piss poor planning.

      Maybe it is just as well that you postponed your stealth laundry trip your health is more important.

      Stay safe Ms.Penny!

      Delete
  4. OK. Good, you are staying in. I hope your local health department (city, county, whatever....here, they are one thing (Brownwood TX)
    Anyway, they've been doing a good job with what they have...tracking contacts and posting results every day. It's reassuring. We've had a lot in one nursing home (county population is not much over 30,000) and they're keeping up with positive employees. It's been longer than a month since we've had positive cases from community contact...but I expect more. Hm. I've just looked at this: https://valverdecounty.texas.gov/350/COVID-19-Information Not quite as clear as my county's info...maybe by poking around you can find more.
    Meanwhile, stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitively staying in JudithK. I have enough food to last me for a while. The only thing I did not take into account is that I have to drive into town for my mail and prescriptions.

      The prescriptions I will continue to use the drive-thru window but I have to get off the safety of my car to pick-up my mail.

      Thanks for the link. Del Rio just reported its 13th case on Sunday and thankfully as far as reports go there have been no cases reported in the local nursing homes of which we have four.

      You stay safe as well!

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.