Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Severe storm / Power Outage / New Covis-19 Case

Was busy raking and cleaning up the yard from our prior hail storm that took down many small branches and leaves but could not find the larger of the Cat's Food Bags since using even the heavy-duty plastic trash bags will poke holes in them.

I like watching the afternoon news but passed on them because I knew if I took a break I would never get back to my yard work.  I, therefore, had no idea we might be in the path of a severe storm later in the evening.

It was around 8:20 p.m. and I had just finished washing dishes when these terrible wind gusts began even the kitchen door rattled and then I heard the tree branches (that I need to prune) rubbing on the kitchen roof. The rain and lightning show followed shortly by the lights turning on and off several times as I ran around turning off the power strips.

Around 8:45 p.m. the power went out not to return again for the evening. Thank goodness for my solar lights. The wind calmed down but the light show continued.  It was eerie seeing the streets so dark only being lit by the passing cars. The good thing was that the temperature went down so even without the A/C on it was comfortable inside the house.

No electricity meant no TV, no Internet, no computer time. I sat in the recliner trying to unsuccessfully go to sleep. I would have loved to have had a glass of wine or a beer but aside from the beer being hot I had taken a Metformin and that just does not go well with alcohol. While I finally did fall asleep for a while I kept on waking up. Sometime between 4:10 a.m. and 6:25 a.m. the power came back on.

After two weeks without any new cases, the Val Verde County Health Authority reported Sunday the 13th local contagion of Covis-19 case which has been labeled as community spread per the Del Rio News-Herald online site.

Since it is afternoon I can not wish you Terlingua Dreams instead have a nice day and if you can stay home.


Aunty Acid Saying of the Day




10 comments:

  1. Glad you are Safe and the power finally came on.
    Since I am now just reading your post I can wish you Terlingua Dreams for tonight.
    Enjoy a good night's sleep.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm tired enough this afternoon that a nap & Terlingua dreams might be in order!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy and know how lucky you are to be able to sleep and enjoy Terlingua Dreams!

      Delete
  3. Gosh that is so scary to be surprised by electrical storms. I am glad you are ok. Just the memory of that epic hail storm would make you too jumpy to sleep well. You are smart to have solar lights. Did the cats freak out? Reminds me I need to check your other blog.
    Auntie Acid is so right. Many restrictions were lifted here today and I heard ten times the traffic on our road. I guess everyone is headed for the tattoo shops and massage parlors. (sarcasm) I am more nervous than ever about going out.
    Can you believe they let Pence into Mayo with no mask????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a hell of a storm Penelope...without being able to watch the news I did not realize the Del Rio Airport had 77 mph wind gusts until today.

      Unfortunately, Texas Governor Greg Abbott has decided that as of May 1st all malls, restaurants, and movie theatres will be opened to the public.

      I am so freaking tired of being pissed off in particular about the meat plants being forced to be opened by an executive order by this administration without doing anything about helping the workers from DYING.

      Pence is a freaking prick who follows whatever the administration wants him to portrait...I am NOT at all surprised he showed up without a mask.

      Please people while this is not a political blog...try to listen to other channels besides FOX News otherwise known as State TV...you owe it to yourself and your family to know the real news!

      Delete
  4. I did some raking today to because of the neighbors damn masquite tree.

    That sounds like quite a storm, at least it dropped the temps so you wouldn't suffer to much without the a/c.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JO, I think I would do something "under-cover" about those mesquite trees...you just did not hear that from me!

      While it did drop the temps last night...it more than made up for them today :-(

      Delete
    2. Some folks acting like we are going back to normal since the governor is letting restaurants and stores to reopen. I don’t think so.

      Delete
    3. RedEyeMule - Abbott may be the Governor of our State but WE THE PEOPLE are the ones who will make the final choice for ourselves and our families. I for one plan to stay home.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.