Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Friday, April 24, 2020

The A/C has officially been turned ON

The house is surrounded by shade trees in the front and back of the house. Therefore even when it is hot if you have a good breeze going it is comfortable inside. Last night it was cool so left some of the windows cracked open as I knew it was going to be a scorcher today.

At 8:00 a.m. I went outside to feed the boys and saw that the neighbor was watering her front lawn.  I used the reserves from my water catchment to water a few trees.

I could not help but note how much longer the lines to get a free daily breakfast and lunch from the school bus at the corner church are getting. Now the lines start forming even before the school bus shows up. This is for school-age children whose parents have to bring with them in order to receive the food.

A couple of days ago I took the following pictures...


I had to laugh because as I was taking this photo Pollito passed by in his dump truck...that is him at the stop sign.  His son, as well as their trucks and work equipment, are located on this street so he passes by several times a day.


Around 2:00 p.m. the A/C turned on automatically as I had programmed it to do so when it reached 80 degrees inside the house. We had a low of 64 and a high of 103 degrees today.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid Saying of the Day


12 comments:

  1. The power of shade trees! Does your house have tall windows too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed do not know what we would do without the shade trees. The house does not have tall windows just regular size ones.

      Delete
  2. Definitely time for the AC when it gets that high.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the street show.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m trying to remember how it felt growing up without any AC in the house. I don’t remember being miserably hot or anything. Non of my Dads pick up trucks had AC either.
    Guess we were just used to living that way. I dunno. Guess we just spoiled now.




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree with you RedEyeMule I grew up the same way yet I have no memories of it being excessively hot or uncomfortable even though the temperatures were just as high.

      Delete
  4. It is so sad to think that many of those children are probably only getting that one meal everyday. But I am sure they are happy to see each other everyday if even from a distance.
    It is hard to believe the temperatures are already so hot there. I'm glad you have ac. It was 60* here today but it is still the low thirties at night.
    Pollito looks like he is staying busy. I hope he isn't cruising for children....
    I made a big pot of ham and beans and chocolate chip cookies. Comfort food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With so many losing their jobs and the double whammy of the border with Mexico being closed it has hurt towns who depend on Mexican citizens and vice versa. At least the children have two meals a day during the week.

      Your temperatures sound wonderful as well as the comfort food you made.

      Delete
  5. We are still under the wire at 97 today and they say only 99 tomorrow bet that will not hold and reach the 100 mark. It was allready 90 at 11 am so I think they aren't being very honest about this. Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least you have your new cooler. There are no escaping these temperatures and even if we could now we also have this darn virus to ground us at home. Stay cool as well.

      Delete
  6. Sacramento is reaching the 90's as well, although it doesn't get hot until well after Noon. At 1pm I still have doors & windows open and am running the ceiling fan in my living room. I just dread 100 degree days, and it seems like we had such a short spring this year. I haven't turned my a/c on yet, but will probably have to do it this afternoon.

    Stay as cool as you can, Ms. B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The good part of Sacramento temperatures is that at least you get a respite in the night time hours. I hope your triple-digit temperatures will be delayed for a while.

      May you also stay cool Gypsy.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.