Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Thursday, July 23, 2020

Sad trees / Two missed rain events / Tropical Storm Hanna

I hate to sound like a broken record but it has been so hot lately it has taken a lot out of me even though I have been getting up earlier than usual in order to water the trees. Though I wonder if it is a lost cause. If I had been in a coma and could only look at pictures by the look of the trees and all the leaves on the ground I would swear it was winter.


Tuesday afternoon it got very dark toward the northeast. I could hear the thunder and see the lightning but it never made it to this part of Val Verde county.


Look at the poor trees. The only green ones are those darn mesquite ones in the lot behind the fence that unfortunately I own :-(


The same happened on Wednesday all the liquid gold fell by Amistad Lake and to the north of the county. We were hoping that the two tropical events that are in the Gulf would bring some much-needed precipitation to this area but the San Antonio weathermen dashed my hopes this evening.


It appears that tropical storm Hanna will be entering the state of Texas further south than previously anticipated only bringing 0.34" to Del Rio. Hopefully, they are wrong?


Today we had a low of 82 a high of 104 with a heat index of 107 degrees.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid Saying of the Day


4 comments:

  1. Forecasting the weather is always a guessing game. It would be nice to have steady light rains every night to help your trees. The reason they have already lost their leaves is to preserve the moisture for the trunk. It's like loosing layers of clothes to keep cooler.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed forecasting the weather is always a guessing game in particular when it applies to a hurricane as they have a mind of their own.

      Had no idea the trees shed leaves to preserve the moisture in their trunk.

      Delete
  2. I sure hope you get some relief soon. I can't tell what kind of trees they are but a couple of houses down there is a tree that does that but once it rains it comes right back. I don't know what kind of tree it is but my property is full of all the leaves. I swear those darn mesquites would survive a thousand year drought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not know what kind of tree it is either I just know they are shade trees but there are hundreds of those. Even our noisy neighbor that used to come out and watered his constantly whenever company for us or any neighbor came...his gorgeous tree has been looking sad lately.

      Thank you for making me laugh...you are so right those darn mesquite trees would survive a thousand-year drought...jajajaja :D

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.