Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, July 19, 2020

Tainted Hand Sanitizer

I finally had the opportunity to read some of my AARP e-mails. One of them caught my eye and I decided to check it out and glad I did. https://www.aarp.org/health/conditions-treatments/info-2020/methanol-hand-sanitizer-recall.html?cmp=EMC-DSO-NLC-WBLTR---MCTRL-071020-TS1-4702756&ET_CID=4702756&ET_RI

Remember I wrote back on May 1st, that I had found some Hand Sanitizer for $3.00 at Dollar Tree? Well, it turned out that the one I bought made the list.


MODESA Instant Hand Sanitizer Moisturizers and Vitamin E, manufactured by 4E Global, SAPI de CV (NDC: 60599-007-33) made in Mexico.


Fortunately for me, I never opened it since I had plenty on hand. I decided to purchase it that day since I had not seen any on store shelves for a while. Not that I can take it back as more than two and a half months have elapsed and  I clearly marked the day I bought it and wrote my name on it.  Just wanted to give a heads-up if anyone else bought the same item.

Today Del Rio marked its 19th straight day of triple-digit temperatures with no end in sight.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid Saying of the Day



8 comments:

  1. There is probably a way of remixing it with Hand Moisturizer. It's not poisonous just too concentrated.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your AC.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Per the article I reference..."Methanol is not an acceptable active ingredient for hand sanitizers and must not be used due to its toxic effects.The FDA's investigation of methanol in certain hand sanitizers is ongoing,” the FDA said in a statement.

      The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is warning consumers to stop using 67 hand sanitizer products from 13 manufacturers in Mexico that may contain methanol, which can be toxic when absorbed through the skin or ingested.

      Delete
  2. I can;t stand how slimy hand sanitizer feels, so I never useb it. You are very lucky to have caught it in time. I prefer to just use soap & water, although it is hard to wash just one hand, so I do the best I can and then don't worry about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer to use soap and water as well. When I go out I use disposable gloves and use hand sanitizer on top of my gloves in case I picked up something at the store.

      Delete
  3. I had read about hand sanitizer before this report about the bad hand sanitizer in order to learn the correct way to make some. My solution was to soak some Viva paper towels in 91% rubbing alcohol for when I go out and wash my hands when at home. You can put the wet towels in zip lock to carry with you. Then you KNOW. However, no alcohol is available here now. I still have one bottle though.
    Lots of things are getting scarce again. I think a lot of people have been quietly stocking up for what they know is coming. I have.
    I did see the Rachel Maddow interview you mentioned. Wow...Also the interview Sunda with Chris Wallace, narrated by The Damage Report. I would seldom listen to anything on Fox, but this was quite telling.
    Also like Beau of the fifth column on You tube.
    I think tRump is trying for a section 8. He knows he is losing so maybe he thinks he can act crazy to avoid prosecution? Or does that Give him credit for having a brain he doesn't have? Is anything real anymore?
    Stay safe, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rubbing alcohol is in short supply as are sanitizing wipes and hand sanitizer lucky for us we have plenty on hand.

      I think it is going to become challenging come fall, flu season, and the 2020 Elections. Everyone who can should be stocking up now, glad you are as well.

      I forgot about the Chris Wallace interview but have watched the more interesting snippets on CNN and MSNBC. I am very proud of how Wallace held his ground and fact-checked him live...a true oddity for a Fox News host.

      Stay safe Ms.Penny!

      Delete
  4. This hand sanitizer thing is crazy. I ordered some wipes with my grocery order and got regular wipes so I'll just pour some alchol in the package when I run out of what I have now. Yes stocking up quitely here too. Not crazy buying just a little extra with each grocery order.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time I watch the news and hear the terrible numbers coming out of Arizona, I can't help but think of you. That is why I am so glad you use the grocery home delivery option.

      Quietly stocking up is the best and most responsible way to go by allowing others to be able to find items that less considerate individuals tend to hoard.

      Stay safe JO.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.