Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, July 12, 2020

Second day of record setting temperatures / That hideous man

For the second day in a row, we set a new high for the day. Both yesterday and today we reached 109 degrees.

It was miserably hot even at 8:00 a.m. as I was watering the trees.  Paquito was waiting for me by the kitchen door and as usual, ran inside before I could do anything about it. I am getting much too old for this...hope to have a post on the other blog with regards to this soon.

I have also been watering the trees during the day in between commercial breaks using one-gallon milk jugs but the trees are in pretty bad shape as they are old and ant-infested

During one such commercial break this afternoon I went out the kitchen door heading to the front of the house when I ran unexpectedly into Pollito in his new bigger tractor or backhoe or whatever it's called. 

He had the nerve to stop and turn it off to start a conversation with me. The first thing out of his mouth was...when do you want me to start clearing the mesquite trees on the other lot?  Is he freaking kidding me? It was ONE YEAR AGO this month that he came for 10 minutes and never came back to finish the job!

I could feel my blood pressure go up...perhaps it was the heat or just my sheer loathing for this individual but I wanted to CUSS the hell out of him but of course had to keep it bottled in because I have to remind myself that this is NOT my house and my mother would not approve of such unladylike behavior.

Like I told him the other time he asked...we are currently self-isolating and do not have the money at this time. He looked at me weirdly as I walked away. When I finally decide to clear that lot, I hope to find another person to do it even if they charge me twice as much.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid Saying of the Day



8 comments:

  1. Please know I am not putting the blame for my failure to post a comment on you, my friend. I do everything on my phone and have had three weeks of all kinds of problems with it. Can't even listen to my radio show or call in. Many here are having problems, even with different servers, so who knows why. I was able to get that one post in, but the second time failed. We have had a lot of earthquakes near here so it may be a factor. Could be me. My phone is barely a year old. Calls being dropped. It is frustrating.
    Your heat sounds awful and Pollito is nervy. Someday you will rip into him and he will be so surprised.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you are not blaming me Penelope it is just that I do not like for my readers to have a problem commenting on my blog.

      I appreciate all the readers that take the time to leave a comment...that is the ultimate reward for any blogger!

      I admire the fact that you do so many things from your phone. It took me like 20 minutes just to make a comment the day the power went out and I believe it was like two sentences, lol :D

      I think that hideous man knows how much I dislike him and his work ethic and just likes to mess with me. I know I should be the bigger person but all I want to do is slap the "caca" out of him...grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

      Delete
  2. After Three Days of relief the heat is coming back to our area and they say there's no global warming.
    We know not everyone can comment all the time but it shows that people are reading and care about what we write.
    You will just have to act like you don't see or hear Pollito as if he does not exist. I passed within inches of someone once and told Kathy no one was there. They left town soon after.
    Be Safe from the heat and Enjoy the AC.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Global warming is alive and well no matter how much this administration tries to deny it.

      Pollito's son's house and their work equipment are on the same street as Mom's house so he passes by here all day long. I have managed to avoid him but it was only a matter of time before the odds would catch up to me.

      Enjoying the A/C is all I did today.

      Delete
  3. Well, you showed remarkable restraint with Pollito. I am impressed. I find I am trigger happy with the current conditions (Covid), not to mention the heat, which was, they say here, 108 today. I wouldn't know. I stayed inside.
    Stay inside some more. You are doing great so far. If we can get out of this by not punching somebody out and getting arrested (which from what I see in the news is not uncommon) and are still alive we'll be ahead of the game. And I hope your electricity keeps on going on with no blackouts of any length.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The temperatures in Texas were through the roof today. If it wasn't for the cats and having to water the plants I would not have gone outside.

      I have seen all those crazy people going off at the stores after being told they have to wear a mask. I think we all are at our wits' end. I am glad I still have a little self-restraint left...but not much!

      Thank you for your good wishes with regards to our grid though I was a little bit worried about it holding up today as we tied an all-time high of 112 degrees.

      Delete
  4. You did good I would have let him have it and told him to never come back!

    Some where our weather people are trying to make us believe it isn't that hot. I just came in from letting the dog out and it is still so hot it was like sticking my head in an oven. It was 113 today. Is it almost winter yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why would your weather people want to make you believe it is not as hot as it is?

      It's bad enough this administration lies to us about the coronavirus making us think it is all under control, for now, the local media to lie about the weather...sign of the times we are living!

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.