Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Saturday, March 16, 2019

Do I get credit for unboxing?

Woke up early this morning and decided to take the bull by the horns.  I needed to unbox the electric lawn mower I bought back in August 2016 so I could tackle the weeds.


To think that when I was a teenager I was in charge of assembling all the things that required it.  Now I absolutely hate it.


 

This is as far as I got...need to read the directions in order to put it together :(


In order to get it outside, I had to clean out the enclosed front porch which is like a junk room.  Put everything in the front yard as I swept and mopped.  All of a sudden I saw a black truck stop and look my way...that is when I realized that they thought I was having a garage sale, lol!

Took a lot of things to the shed/cats bedroom/ junk room when a second car stopped.  Have no idea why they would think I was having a garage sale when I had no sign and the front gate was closed. Oh well, at least it is good to know that if I ever had one at least there would be people interested in buying my junk.

It was a cool morning excellent weather for yard work.  I got my grass shears and started chopping at the weeds and tall grass.  I was outside for six hours.  I had huge piles of weeds I raked but by the end of the day they had deflated and did not look as impressive as earlier in the day.

One of the many piles

Yesterday, at blogger JO's urging made me some soup.  Had some chicken legs in the freezer so only had to buy a vegetable mix.


It actually tasted quite good and since it was rather cool outside it hit the spot.


Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

21 comments:

  1. Nothing quite like a good homemade soup. Nice that you at least git the lawn mowers out of the box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I took the time to make some homemade soup. Hope I can muster the energy to finish assembling the lawn mower.

      Delete
  2. The soup looks good & that is some fence back there.. stout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many people that have Yard Sales don't even advertise and if you did saying from 8:00 until 2:00 you would have people looking before the Sun rises. Another person's junk is another's Treasure.
    That Electric Mower looks mostly together and once it's charged will help keep things neat.
    Nice Hearty looking Soup. Better then Canned.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the Spring Weather.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never had a garage sale so its good to know that there could be potential buyers.

      Now if I can only bring myself to finish putting it together and actually "using it".

      I was pleasantly surprised the soup came out as tasty as it did.

      Delete
  4. Now that is some good looking soup. My mouth is watering.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you with the soup. You can add rice or little pasta noodle or elbow pasta and any herbs you might like and then top it off with grated cheese. I sure looks good MsBelinda.
    I don't blame you on putting that mower together but it looks like it's almost done. Of course I bought a new printer last week and returned it today. After spending hours trying to make it print and just kept getting blank pages was enough

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOPs you worked hard on that yard. Maybe you should have sold some of that stuff LOL

      Delete
    2. What a great idea JO, adding rice or pasta noodles would make it taste even better.

      The stuff I put outside were my boxes from Houston, my horse pine pellets, my laundry, my folding tables as well as chairs...need that stuff for the Chili Cook-off.

      Delete
  6. Looking forward to tonite's GSW war. I do not have a good feeling because after 8 in a row we are due for a......? Sorry, can't allow myself to use the "L" word. GSG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a good feeling about tonight. I think we can pull a win it's not like we haven't won against them before.

      GSG!!!!!

      Delete
    2. Oh I wish I had known you wanted an electric lawn mower. I have one in my storeroom....works great, but only 24" cutting area. You could have had it for the price of shipping, or less probably. No one wants it. I'm just too old to want to use it now, but have, thanks to an old weathered carpenter (not cowboy) who likes to mow and NOT use an electric mower. (I do his laundry, and he counts that as even. Ha.) Anyway, if you know someone who wants one...or you give up on assembly (which I doubt)...let me know.
      An old weathered cowboy still might show up in your life. I'm 74.

      Delete
    3. Number 9!

      Your positive vibes overpowered my negative ones. Good karma, Ss. Next?

      GSG!!!!!

      Delete
    4. JudithK - I am the queen of procrastination, I have had my electric lawn mower without unboxing it for 2 years 7 months! But thank you for thinking about me.

      I would not curl my nose at an old weathered carpenter who enjoys yard work as my TWC has not show up yet. I will do laundry anytime (and I hate doing laundry) over yard work, so I think both of you are getting a fair exchange. You go girl...does he have a brother?

      Delete
    5. Andy - this was one of the most thrilling games to date and we have had a few.

      At the beginning of the third quarter when GSW was making their come back the power went out...I was livid...I might have uttered a few choice words.

      Grabbed my solar light and went outside to see what happened and it seems like all the neighbors did the same but using their cell phones to light the way. Heard a lot of cursing so I was not alone ((me with a halo over my head))...:)

      I think we are in a roll and just might get number 10.

      Delete
  7. I started making chicken soup this morning but got sidetracked and didn't finish it. Everything is back in the fridge and maybe I'll do the rest tomorrow. It sounds like you had a very productive day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot of bloggers have been making soup lately. It might be due to the weather but unfortunately temperatures will soon rise and it will too hot to cook in the kitchen.

      I did get a lot done but now my back is paying the consequences.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.