Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, March 24, 2019

I did it again!

The days have been cloudy and gray but we do get to see a glimmer of sunlight late in the afternoon.  Friday night I was so tired I went to bed early.  We were expecting thunderstorms after midnight, I have no idea if they were as strong as predicted because for once I fell deeply asleep and did not hear a thing.

The days are getting warmer, today we were in the low 80's and tomorrow it should reach 85 degrees.  It is going to reach a point where it will be too hot to cook in the kitchen.  Last week I bought a lot of vegetables that I did not want to go to waste so I checked the freezer and found a package of three turkey legs and left them out to thaw.

Barney, believe it or not, I cooked again today or at least my version of cooking.  I made white rice to go along with my turkey leg caldo.  Actually, it did not come out too good because I did not have Zatarain's rice.  That rice is phenomenal even people like me can not mess it up.


I decided to add all the vegetables I had before they wilted...


Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

14 comments:

  1. Oh my. I just came to from fainting about the cooking. See you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baby steps, baby steps...just knew you would get a kick out of it, lol :)

      Delete
  2. Cooking can be fun and tasty too practice makes perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sold on the fun part but I guess it can be tasty even though my rice failed that test.

      Delete
  3. With patience everyone can cook for themselves and your Soup looks pretty good.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is part of the problem, I am not known for my patience. The soup was good, the rice...not so much :-(

      Delete
  4. That plate of food looks very delicious to me. Now you went and got me hungry again. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dizzy, at least if you are hungry I am sure your wife has some delicious leftovers in the fridge.

      Delete
  5. The easiest way for me to eat meat & vegetables is to make a big pot of soup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am the opposite, I have NO problem eating meat but it does take a big pot of soup to make me eat vegetables.

      Delete
  6. It all looks fine to me. If you have a problem cooking rice get you a rice cooker, you can find them for as low as $15. and sometimes less. All you do is put your rice in and add what or broth and flip the switch it will shut off when the rice is cooked. I have mine for years already'
    Yes we are in the low 80's and I'm like happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not cook rice that often to warrant the purchase of a rice cooker besides we have very little counterspace. I tell you Zatarain's rice is wonderful, just did not have any on hand.

      I was beginning to think the weather people messed up again because it was cool, cloudy and drizzly this morning but by the afternoon it was mighty warm.

      Delete
    2. I might have to try that rice. I don't eat much rice but I do use the rice cooker for other things it has a little round thing you can place on the bottom and steam things.

      Delete
    3. When I made this post I was 3 minutes from cut-off and as usual could not upload a picture of Zatarain's rice even though it was just a cut and paste picture.

      I would recommend it to anyone, my uncle who hates to cook as much as I do tried it and absolutely could not believe...one, that you could not ruin it...two, how great it tastes.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.