Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Early to rise

I was dead tired last night and actually went to bed early. I was up by 7:00 a.m. and wanted to take advantage of this as it does not happen very often.

The City of Del Rio lost its Social Security office in 2013. The nearest office is located in Eagle Pass, Texas, 60 miles down the road. The Val Verde County Community Center offered SSA space free of charge due to public outcry. The only catch is its hours of operation are from 9:00 a.m to 12:00 p.m. so people get there early.

I got there in my "unique version" of early and was the 25th person. I was surprised that they had a large waiting room with a big screen TV and I only had an hour and a half wait. Sure beats having to drive to Eagle Pass.

I was starving so went to buy me two breakfast tacos at the Stripes on the way to México which is the one closest to the house but not the one I usually frequent.  Note to self: do not buy breakfast at this location after 10:00 a.m.

The skies looked menacing and the weather guy said we were going to have rain this afternoon but they were wrong as usual so headed into town to pick up the mail. Dairy Queen was offering a free snow cone so headed that way and was surprised at the number of people in line.  None in front of me ordered anything else so did not feel too bad when I didn't either. To be fair I do frequent them.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Spurs Corner

What a disappointment :(


12 comments:

  1. We were due and it's better to lose to Miami than GSW. Tough 3 games coming up. gsg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the euphoria of having beat the ruling NBA Champions and by the way quite soundly went to our head. We underestimated the Heat.

      I hope we can rise to the occasion and let this one go but you are right we have some tough games ahead.

      Delete
  2. There is a beautiful large moon in the sky tonight. Go out and take a look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been monitoring the last super moon of 2019 since last night. However, due to the cloud cover nothing was visible.

      This evening I busy watching my Spurs. I did go outside afterwards and by then the clouds had cleared leaving a beautiful spectable to behold.

      It made me wish I could have been in Terlingua to marvel at its sight.

      Delete
  3. Up early, a reasonable visit to the SS office and a free snow cone. There are worse days... Here's to a better tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet you felt good taking care of SS issue, don't like dealing with government stuff of anykind.

    Does that kitty only have 1 eye. I have seen a picture of it once before and it looked like that then to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is Paquito my "One-eyed Jack". He is the Alpha Male of the litter and "everything is his".

      Do not know if it was due to his fighting, an infection or him poking himself on some West Texas prickly cacti but he lost his eye and cost me a tidy sum at the vets.

      Even with one eye he is a handful!

      Delete
    2. He needs an eye patch...a black one.
      :-)

      Delete
    3. An eye patch on Paquito would last as long as the little bow tie when I put on a new collar on him...not very long :D

      Delete
  5. Taking care of business in a timely matter is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.