Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Under tornado warning

We have been under severe weather warnings since Monday.  Luckily it has only been windy, cloudy, gray and dreary.  I was awakened at 3:56 a.m. to the sound of rain falling on the roof.  I got up to check on the temperamental leak we have in the kitchen but it was not leaking.

At ten or eleven this morning the phone rang, it was a robocall from the City of Del Rio advising us to prepare for foul weather this evening.  As I was typing this post the phone rang again at 11:07 p,m. letting us know we were under a tornado alert until 5:00 a.m.

My favorite San Antonio news channel said the severe weather was going to be limited to the northwestern part of Val Verde County, we live in the south.  Hopefully, it won't be so bad. It is supposed to reach this area between midnight and three o'clock in the morning.  I do not like when bad weather hits at night but I do not think mother nature cares how I feel.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

14 comments:

  1. I hope the San Antonio station was right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with that Tornado alert and hope you are safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not know about the northern part of the county but the southern part only had heavy rain. This morning we have blue skies and it looks like it is going to be a sunny day.

      Delete
  3. These #!@!!#@! weathermen could get by with murder!
    Tornadoes, hail, straight-line winds, windshears, etc etc.....grrrrrr
    Spent the afternoon digging a trench to divert water in a recently cleared area of my yard that would wash away.


    GSG - nice win last nite. 6 inaro.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not had a chance to watch the news but by your comment I gather nothing happened in San Antonio either?

      I suppose it is better to be safe than sorry. Rains are coming up in April so hopefully you wont have dug that trench for nothing.

      Happy for the win but I do not know why they did not put them away earlier. Seems we are always letting the opponent back in the game in the closing minutes of the fourth quarter.

      Delete
    2. Because they think the anxiety and drama add to a rousing sports experience I guess. I agree I don't like them up 14 pts then up only 4 a couple of minutes later. I am still excitis (hey, Billy Bob) about their chances as I hold a $10 125/1 odds ticket for them winning it all. It all depends on the matchups.

      So......GO SPURS GO!

      Delete
    3. "I hold a $10 125/1 odds ticket for them winning it all. It all depends on the matchups."

      Hope is the last thing to die for fans of any team in particular for OUR Spurs.

      Delete
  4. Glad your area was missed by the severe storms.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Suerte, how good to read you!

      Though about you the other day when they were re-enacting a battle at the Alamo and remembered that you always attend.

      Fortunately there were no tornados just rain.

      Delete
  6. From reading comments I'm happy you are OK and no damage was done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were lucky in this part of Texas. However, Lubbock and the Dallas area were not as fortunate and were hit by tornadoes.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.