Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, April 14, 2019

April 12, 2019 trip to Ciudad Acuña, Coahuila - Part III

Left Bodegas Aurrera and headed back to town to pick-up Paquito. On my other blog, I list the Veterinary Clinic and other pertinent information as well as costs. You can read my blog by clicking on the header picture on this blog or here http://mylittlewalter.blogspot.com/

I headed for the Amistad Dam Port of Entry. I had not been out this way in a while. On the way there you pass many Maquiladoras and they were just letting out. The Maquiladoras hire private bus services for their employees. The buses consist of former School District buses from the United States and the drivers drive like crazy.

Would have loved to have taken pictures but it was just too dangerous to try. Though I was going 60 mph I was passed by many Texas State plate bearing cars going very fast. From downtown Acuña to the Dam it is about 10 miles  17 miles.

This was the line when I arrived, it sure beats the line at the Main International Bridge where the wait was 90 minutes according to my now favorite Border Wait Times webpage https://bwt.cbp.gov/index.html?com=0&pas=1&ped=0&plist=2302


The dividing international line at the Amistad Dam bridge is where the monument with both the American and Mexican Eagles stands,


A close-up, sorry I did not do a good job as I used my cell phone...


Plaque that commemorates the year it was built and the US and Mexican Presidents at the time.


This is looking West from the American side.



The wind was very strong. It felt like the bridge was moving or that I was on a ship at sea.


Though the line was long it was moving at a steady pace.


It took about 25 minutes to cross the border.


This sign shows the hours of operation being from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.


As I mentioned previously you do not have to pay a toll either way.  As an added bonus if you buy liquor you do not have to pay taxes on it at this International Crossing as the State of Texas does not have a booth to collect State Liquor Tax.  Just make sure you declare it when you cross.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

8 comments:

  1. Nice to get that chore taken care of and you made it through the traffic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly am glad that is over and done wtih. Three cats neutered/spayed and one more to go.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a long day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your description of your trip. A friend of mine who lives in Mexico has found your border wait times website very useful, so thank for that too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad whenever someone finds something on my blog to be useful in their day to day life.

      I also wanted to thank you for giving me one of the best pieces of advice when it comes to putting cats in their carriers. That was to place the carrier with the door facing the ceiling and then just dropping them in. It worked for Blanca (Momma cat), Nico and most recently for Paquito.

      Delete
  4. I know your happy to be done with that day. Is the last cat to need fixed a male I hope so you don't have more kitties to deal with. The road to the border crossing looks pretty nice with water on the one side. And the 2 EAgles is really cool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last cat is Sonny he is a male who is younger than the other cats. He just showed up one day when he was about 8 or 10 weeks old and never left.

      I do not think I will ever be able to completely be rid of cats. There are so many strays in this area and the county does nothing about them.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.