Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, April 7, 2019

Drunk neighbor / Bad Back / Burger King

After only getting two hours of sleep Friday night, last night at least I crammed in six hours although not concurrently.  I was awakened at 3:15 a.m. to the sounds of music, I did not even have to wonder where it was coming from I already knew.  It was the step-son of mother's nice neighbor (the one who mows the grass outside her fence line) who as usual was drunk and listening to music in his truck.  I turned on the television to drown out the music.

Twenty minutes later it started thundering and began to rain, that finally made him go inside and me back to sleep. This morning I was checking the trash cans that act as my primitive rain catchment system and saw that we really did not get that much rain.  I started transferring water around so I could empty some and clean them out.  I was using a one-gallon bucket which full only weighs 8.34 pounds (3.785 kilograms) well below my 20-pound weight limit when I felt that well-known pain in my back...I had thrown it out once again!

Came back inside to rest when a Burger King commercial came on touting their Mocha Frappe for $1.00 so decided I would treat myself to breakfast.

Enjoyed their Frappe

Their ham and cheese croissant was equally good. I may even make a return trip in the future.


Ran another errand waiting for it to be noon. In Texas, you can not buy beer until twelve noon and you can not buy liquor on Sunday either.

Spurs had a 2:00 p.m. game so I wanted to buy a six-pack to drink afterward provided we won. Well, we won but I did not get to drink it. My back was killing me and I had to take a Paracetamol 750 mg during the game...maybe Wednesday?

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

8 comments:

  1. Your McFrappe looks so good and those breakfast sandwiches are really good but I have't had one in years. I sure hope you back heals quickly back problems are nothing nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. McFrappe are sold at McDonald's this was a Frappe sold at Burger King. I have only eaten at a Burger King twice in Del Rio, I am not a fan of McDonald's.

      I hope my back heals quickly as well, just took another Paracetamol. I would rather not take one as it is acetaminophen and it can hurt your liver but it is the only thing that takes my back pain away although albeit for just a couple of hours.

      Delete
  2. Pain like that really sucks... Hoping you have a better Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with you back. I prefer Burger King over Mc Donalds, but in Texas Whataburger would be my go to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whataburger would be my go to for hamburgers but I do not really like their breakfast menu and I am not sure they have Frappe's.

      Delete
  4. Drinking a six-pack could allow you to sleep through the neighbor's noise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would have but this happened Friday evening / Saturday morning and I did not go buy beer until Sunday.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.