Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Thursday, April 25, 2019

Mr. Joe's wife / Pollito / Heavy downpours

I mentioned on a prior post that Mr. Joe, mother's nice neighbor mowed along the outer fence line.  We have so many darn litterbugs that throw their trash out their car window but I had not had a chance to go pick it up.

Trash day in this part of the county is on Wednesday.  Looked out the window and the sky was really dark so decided to hurry up and go pick up the trash before the storms began.  Mr. Joe's wife came out rolling her own container to the curve and we got to talking.

Turns out she also goes to Ciudad Acuña for pretty much the same thing I do...doctors, labs, the vet and groceries.  The only difference is I go in the mornings or at noon and she prefers late in the afternoon. Told me she got home at 11:00 p.m. the other night after spending two and a half hours in line.

Pollito (the lawn man) drove by in his 18 wheeler dump truck and stopped to join the conversation though this is a narrow street and he was blocking a lane.  He asked me when I wanted him to come mow the weeds.  I told him in May but only if the ground was not wet because he had left ruts the last time from his tractor.  Also threw in that I would prefer if he could get it done in one or two days so it would all grow out evenly.  Last time it took him two and a half months...grrrrrrrrr!!

All of a sudden the skies opened up and we received a very heavy downpour. Thus, I did not get to pick up all the trash I had intended as we all headed different directions seeking cover.  By the afternoon the sun was out and we had beautiful blue skies while the temperatures were still in the '70s.  I knew it was going to probably be the last Spring Day we would enjoy in a while. Today as well as for the coming days we are expected to be in the '90s...sigh!... :-(

Last night I was so tired I fell asleep watching an NBA game I really wanted to see.  Was going to get up and make a post but decided my sleep was more important. I, therefore, can not wish you Terlingua Dreams because it is 1:36 p.m.  So have a nice afternoon instead.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It sure is Rob, especially when you suffer from insomnia.

      Delete
  2. Nice that you got to chat with Joe's wife. too bad about all that trash. You do need to sleep whenever you can and the dream will come then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not understand why anyone would throw refuse out the window and in the process make their neighborhood look less than desirable.

      I must be on a roll because last night I fell asleep early too.

      Delete
  3. Over here in this part of Texas, we had a perfect day with beautiful blue skies and a warm breeze with highs in the 80's and lows in the 50's. Just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound like you had a beautiful day in East Texas. Enjoy it before the heat and humidity make their presence felt.

      Delete
  4. A nice chat with Mr. Joe's wife.
    It must have been nice to get some sleep.
    We had a descent day here even if it was in the low 90's.But we are going to see higher temps then as the fool on the news keeps saying a cold front moving in. Why can't she just say cooling down on Monday and Tue. what is a cold front when it will still be in the 80's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must have done something right JO because last night I also managed to fall asleep early...of course I was wide awake by 4:30 a.m.

    Our areas seem to be having similiar weather patterns. Like you I get a little irritated when weather forecasters say a cold front is moving in when the temperatures are still in the 80's. In my book that does not qualify as "a cold front".

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.