Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Monday, April 22, 2019

Late night jamming to YouTube videos

The mornings have been chilly and gray.  Except for a couple of days in March and April in the 90's and one that reached 107 degrees, we have had below normal temperatures for this time of year.  That is a good thing!

I missed the six o'clock news but I do believe we are expecting rain tomorrow.  I was outside transferring water around so I can make room for more in my rain catchment system.

Yesterday was such an enjoyable day no neighbors around they were all at area parks celebrating Easter with their families. I decided to make Caldo de Res (Beef Soup) to use all the vegetables I still had from my trips to México. I opened up the windows and had a good crosswind circulating through the house that kept the kitchen from getting warm.

Last night I just could not go to sleep so started watching YouTube videos as I tend to do when this happens.  I have always wished that I had been old enough to have attended Woodstock but I was a kid at the time. The musician I would have most liked to have seen perform was Carlos Santana. Thanks to technology I was able to watch his original performance, boy was he young!

Forward to newer videos and that is how I came upon one of Santana a couple of months back with the Lonely Boys at the 2004 Latin Grammys https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxbmHc9ZBys    It is almost sacrilege to say but I do believe Henry Garza could well be his successor after seeing this American Music Awards performance with Carlos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6mY6vEa8DY

Needless to say, the music made me want to jam not sleep!  Forced myself to go to bed at 5:30 a.m. so it is no wonder that I have done absolutely nothing all day.  Oh, by the way, the Lonely Boys are from San Angelo, Texas and their father is a widower and a good looking TWCEnrique Garza is shown on a YouTube video jamming with his boys and the legendary Willie Nelson.

My cousin is on vacation and asked me to keep my cellphone turned on in case my uncle needed something as he would likely call me before he dialed him.  I do not like technology but I have to say that Whatsapp has come in handy for calls to other countries.

There was an earthquake this morning in Mexico. My cousin felt it because he is vacationing close to the epicenter but could not get through to my uncle.  He finally answered and come to find out he did not even feel it or even know about it because the seismic alarms never went off.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


12 comments:

  1. I love Santana, saw him in concert a few years ago, what a show. I also like the Los Lonely Boys, there music is really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so lucky to have seen Carlos Santana in concert! It certainly is high on my bucket list as it is now to see the Lonely Boys :)

      Delete
  2. If your did not sleep at least you git to enjoy some wonderful music on You tube Santa is amazing to watch and listen to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Santana is certainly amazing it's like he is making love to his guitar.

      Delete
  3. I heard they are going to do two Woodstock concerts as it's been 50 years. Woodstock 50 is (I believe) for the old farts and there will be a different one with new artists.
    I recall hearing that Santana will be playing at both...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had not heard about having a Woodstock concert to commemorate its 50 year anniversary. That would be GREAT and I would probably have to attend the one for "old farts" jajajajajaja :D

      Delete
  4. Santana at Woodstock is one of my favorite videos. Really like the drumming on Soul Sacrifice. By the way Carlos was high on LSD during the performance. They were asked to perform hours before their scheduled time. That's why you see the facial expressions.I read this somewhere in the Internet. The drummer was the youngest musician to perform. He was 18 at the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have good taste Abel in Austin! I do remember watching an interview years later where Carlos recounted the story of being high and thinking his guitar was a snake.

      This is not that interview but he does describe what happened https://101kgb.iheart.com/content/carlos-santana-lsd-drugs-woodstock/

      Delete
    2. When I was 25, I moved to the Hudson Valley in NY, a year after Woodstock. My landlady, an Irish woman retired from Brooklyn, said she and her husband had gone to "see" Woodstock across the river...from a distance. Her report was, there were "naked people." Here's a good Santana song by an Argentinian saxophone player, now deceased:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRIbuIeTew4

      Delete
    3. Wow.. didn't know Gato had passed, He is one of my favorite sax players . Love to hear Europa. I have several of his albums. Back then in the 70's I loved listening to Gato, Chuck Mangione, Grover Washington jr etc.

      Delete
    4. JudithK thank you so much for placing this link on the blog. All I can say is WOW!! I had never heard of Gato Barbieri before today. He was obviously a very talented Argentinian saxophone player.

      What a sensual, seductive, romantic and so many other superlatives that could be applied to this rendition of Santana's song.

      It just blew me away...thanks again!

      Delete
    5. Glad you liked it! I think it's irresistible. Though probably for a certain age group. ha.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.