Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Tuesday, April 9, 2019

The heat wave is on

I could not procrastinate any longer and had to bite the bullet as tomorrow they are forecasting it will reach 103 degrees (39.4444 Celcius) and it is a fair bet to say that I will not be going anywhere after 10:00 a.m.  Little did I know that we would reach 99 degrees (37.2222 Celcius) this afternoon.

I have become obsessed checking the Border Wait Times website https://bwt.cbp.gov/index.html?com=0&pas=1&ped=0&plist=2302

When I saw a lull in wait times this morning I headed to Mexico. I was at the veterinary with Nico by 8:30 a.m. for his follow-up visit after his neutering. He also got his last remaining vaccines. He is doing fine.  Remember how I told you that this Vet Clinic is always busy? Mornings are usually congested as pet owners drop off their canine friends for their spay/neuter operation. Today was not the case, I was even able to schedule the same procedure for Paquito this week when before there was a two to three-week wait.

Tuesdays are Martes de Cosecha...Harvest Tuesday...so made a beeline for Gutierrez where they have shaded canopies and it would not be too hot while Nico waited in his pet carrier.  At this hour it was not hot and where we were parked still had natural shade.

Bought tomatoes, serranos, calabacitas, cilantro, carrots, nopalitos, bananas, hot sauce, and low-fat milk.

To my surprise and delight, the wait to return to the USA was only twenty minutes. When we got home I was going to treat Nico to some canned cat food but he took off as soon as I opened the door to his carrier. I tried to lure him into the kitchen so neither Paquito or Sonny would eat his food but he decided to pass...poor baby, I can't say I blame him.

After lunch, I went to run more errands around town.  Headed to the Recycling Center. little HEB, the post office, and bank.  By now it was pretty hot so decided to treat myself to a Frosty at Wendy's.


The air conditioning at Wendy's was nice and cold.  It would have been a sweet treat had it not been for this kid running around screaming his head off while his mother ignored him as she visited with her girlfriends.

My back was killing me as I had decided not to wear my back brace today.  Headed to Marshall's where they sell affordable ones at half if not even less than at the regular department stores.  I had heard about belts with magnets supposedly "circulation enhancing magnets"...can not say I can feel a difference but then again I have only worn it for a couple of hours as I do not want to take any more Paracetamol.


I needed to print out a form so my last stop was the County Library. This place is always super cold but this afternoon it felt great, so much so that decided to stay and read the local newspaper.  I have no idea why we are such copycatters why do we always follow what San Antonio does?  Are we not capable of having just ONE original idea of our own?  That is all I will say about how we have hijacked the "Fiesta Celebration".

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

4 comments:

  1. You sure did get lots of things done today. We have hit 95 2 days in a row but tomorrow it is going to drop to the low to mid 70's.
    I had big plans today but only accomplished one thing and my back was screaming at me. Stay cool tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am jealous of your future mild temperatures. I needed a motivating factor to get going and I suppose the heat wave served as an incentive.

      I did not know you also had back problems, take care of that I know how you feel.

      Delete
  2. From reading you for a while now I'd say that was a busy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would be correct Rob. I am the queen of procrastination and I will have to acknowledge that I accomplished a lot today which almost lessened my back pain.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.