Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Record breaking temperatures today

On my previous post, I mentioned that the weather guys were forecasting it would reach 103 degrees today.  Little did I suspect it would reach 107 degrees (41.6666 Celsius) breaking the record for this day by 5 degrees.

I had no intention of leaving the house but I had totally forgotten that Easter was just around the corner and unless I actually wanted to have to drive to Austin, Texas, I needed to mail off some documents TODAY.

Headed to the library to make copies then made a mad dash to the post office. Thanks to the exorbitant temperatures there was only one person in line when I arrived. Had time to fill out a return receipt request, chat with the lady postal employee all the while not having another person come in during that interval.

Drove back to the library as Wednesday is the day they publish the Police Blotter in the local newspaper. Why am I not surprised that the son of the nosy neighbor (the guy who has beautiful trees as he runs and grabs a garden hose whenever something is going on outside) was arrested last Friday?  This guy lives next door to the drunk neighbor.

The library was packed, I suspect many enjoying the very cold A/C such as myself, there is no way I could afford to have it this cold at home.  It was so cold I actually considered going to my car to get my jacket.

To be honest I felt the heat more yesterday than I did today perhaps because I had to run so many errands yesterday and be in the heat longer.

At least tomorrow the high is expected to reach only 85 degrees (29.4444 Celcius).

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Spurs Corner

We played our last regular season game this evening against the Dallas Mavericks.  I am so proud of the Spurs as well as fans for giving Dirk Nowitzki a classy, respectful and memorable send-off.

Undoubtedly a future Hall of Famer, I wish him the best in his future endeavors.

12 comments:

  1. Wow to have some of that hot weather would be wonderful. Git up this morning to 35F (1.6 Celcius) pretty cold camping weather for sure but we toasty warm. Enjoy todays cooler weather there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. George, I would have gladly shared with you 30 to 40 degrees if that was only possible.

      For Canada 35 degrees is not so bad and at least you are warm in your rig.

      Delete
  2. 107 degrees out and you're running around, the other day you not only went to Mexico but did running around chores in the US...
    What did you do with the real Ms Belinda? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, Rob I was asking myself the same thing. I suppose being a procrastinator and absolutely waiting until the last minute to get things done had something to do with it.

      Now if I ever come out with a post saying I actually tackled the weeds in my yard...the total yard not a patch of it...then you would know someone is impersonating me :D

      Delete
  3. Wow, and I thought it was hot here. I guess I better get a jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have done business with the Del Rio post office many times in the last 12 years. They have always had the nicest folks working there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy the 85 degree cold spell. I think I would wilt fast in 100+ temps, but Sacramento usually gets them in the summer. I'll take cool and rainy any day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly enjoyed the 85 degree cold spell today. Only thing I did was wash the dishes, a blanket and cleaned out the cat carrier.

      Delete
  6. I totaly missed you post yesterday. That's to hot for this time of year. But hanging out in a/c places is better than using yours. I hope you did have the cool down today. WE are back in the 70's after 2 days in the mid 90's I'll take the 70's any day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitively way too hot for this early in the season. Laughed this morning when I saw national shows tout Del Rio's 107 degrees as the highest in the nation yesterday.

      If only we could remain in the 70's all summer :-(

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.