Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Cold temperatures / Internet and Cable issues

It has been very cold (for this part of Texas) this morning it was in the mid-'30s but felt colder because of the wind chill factor. It rained Tuesday as well as early this morning but I do not know how much as I have been having problems with the internet and my cable connection. 

Last night I was trying to make a post but the internet kept on dropping me so I gave up, turned the whole thing off hoping to get back to it later but thankfully fell asleep. This morning I spotted several Spectrum trucks going by as I wheeled the trash can to the curb.

I think I mentioned that Mr. Joe and his wife are remodeling their home. They borrowed a trailer and strapped all the stuff they are getting rid of and parked it on our side of the street next to our fence. With the strong winds, a lot of it blew away...I certainly hope they pick it up...as I certainly am NOT going to!

If you have Google and who doesn't?  It will send you picture memories from last year, or two or three years ago. Today I got "memories" of my 2019 trip to Terlingua and me setting up my camp. I am not going to lie it made me sad :-(

Yesterday my best friend sent me a text saying " No Terlingua this year but we are camping anyway" along with a picture of her camp.  I figured she was in Lajitas, Texas since it looked like a private campground but that was not the case she was in another part of our Lone Star State.

Good night, May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid Saying of the Day



Political Cartoon of the Day



4 comments:

  1. Even here in the city with Cable we've been having issues with our Internet dropping us.
    Hope your neighbour cleans up his own mess.
    We hate the thoughts of not going south again this winter.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lately, I have been having more trouble with the Internet than the cable but yesterday it was both.

      I was only feeling sorry for myself and I forgot that both you and Kathy as well as many of your fellow Canadians are also missing out on spending your winters in our much warmer southern states.

      Delete
  2. Well at least you know it was your internet company that was causing your issues.

    We had been very cold here to but today was 84 and gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still having issues with the Internet this evening...made me remember the days when I had worthless DISH...now I am paying twice as much for Spectrum and having issues, it does not make me happy...grrrrrrrrrr!

      84 degrees sounds heavingly to me, enjoy!

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.