Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, October 4, 2020

Sleep / Menudo / Trump P.R. Show

After getting very little sleep Thursday night and then following the current national drama all day Friday...I sat down to watch the late-night show comedians as I was in need of their jokes and laughter that at least I...was in much need of.  I suppose I was tired and by 11:10 p.m. I had drifted into dreamland.

I was surprised when I woke up and it was 8:25 a.m. which meant I slept for 9 hours straight...something extremely odd for me but very much welcomed. After tackling my morning chores I sat down to watch some shows I had taped. Would you believe I again fell asleep for an hour and twenty minutes? Taking a siesta is something extremely rare for me!

I have been working on organizing the pantry and taking inventory of what I have and what I need to purchase.  Ran into a 25 oz. can of Juanita's Hot & Spicy Menudo that I bought back on May 22, 2020. I found a great tip on a prepper's video that suggested you write down the day you bought an item versus the day it expires and it has worked well for me.


Menudo in Del Rio, like in most cities in Texas is only sold on weekends. While there is an excellent place close to the house you have to get there early as they tend to sell out quickly.  It also costs $9.00 plus for a 30 oz. container.  On a scale of 1 to 10, I would give it a 7. It definitively made my list of items to purchase again.

I am in denial when it comes to the weeds brought about from all the rain we had during the month of September.  I can only show you a picture of the backyard...I am too embarrassed to even photograph the front.


I am still having problems with this new Blogger format.  If I use my Reading List it does not take me to the blog I want but to a link to re-route me.  I no longer know what countries visit me that particular day I only have figures for the week and that does not even add up to the blogger count.

I was hoping this new format would once again notify me if I had a comment on my current post or for that matter on prior ones. I am not even notified if I have messages on other blogs even if I click on that particular blog box feed.

As I am typing this it is 4:23 p.m. and CNN just cut off to show Trump leaving and waving to his supporters outside of Walter Reed Medical Center. There is a Spanish saying..."El que por su gusto muere hasta la muerte le sabe"...very appropriate for this occasion.


They are now saying he is not leaving Walter Reed just putting on a PR show. Does he not realize he is putting the life of the drivers and Secret Service agents who are in charge of his detail at risk?  Pitiful!

Temperatures have been wonderful...the '60s in the mornings and the high 80's in the afternoon.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid Saying of the Day


12 comments:

  1. Nice that you were able to get caught up on some sleep.
    He only thinks of himself. A PR Stunt to bring his numbers up.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the cooler temperatures.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While I will never be able to catch up on all my lost sleep, it was so nice to be able to sleep for nine hours straight.

      No doubt this individual only thinks about himself but from the cable news channels I have been monitoring this stunt went over as well as when he ordered the military to attack peaceful protestors in Washington D.C. so he could get his photo op holding a Bible.

      Delete
    2. Yes, the current occupant of our White House is unarguably a certified narcissistic,amoral,lying,coward and psychopath buffoon.

      Delete
    3. I could not agree more Mr. Souze.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you body finally decided it needed sleep.

    Some people believe that fool isn't sick and is looking for sympathy after the fool he made out of himself at the first debate with Biden. I have no sympathy for the fool at all if he really is sick always shooting off his mouth about not needing to wear a mask and the virus isn't all that bad. So we the tax payers are paying for this new drug to save that morons life but the really sick will never be able to afford it if it indeed works.

    Nice to hear you are having such great temps. Enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed my body needed the rest.

      I had heard that theory as well but it would take a spiderweb of lies (not that they are not capable of fabricating them) to say so many people are COVID-19 positive in the White House.

      It would not be beneficial to the Republicans who have three senators currently Coronavirus positive and whose vote is needed to ram thru the nomination of the woman judge to the Supreme Court and whose Rose Garden nomination ceremony led to some of this mass spreader event.

      I am loving these temperatures and hope they last for a while.

      Delete
    2. Oh...I wish you had something else to alert to besides cable news. What about planning your next Terlingua trip?
      Details, details....what to take, etc. But I am VERY VERY glad to hear you had some sleep at last. Not a great sleeper all my life, but I have been listening to audiobooks at night in bed for more than 20 years. They help. But it's not for everyone. So I hope you can find your way to some good night's sleeping!

      Delete
    3. There will be no Chili Cookoff this year JudithK both cook-offs have been canceled. While I will miss attending this event that I look forward to all year long...I know it is for the best. Even if they had not canceled it I had already decided I would skip this year.

      I have never listened to an audiobook in my life. I do not even have a CD or DVD player (have no idea what format they come in). I have made peace with the fact that I suffer from chronic insomnia.

      Delete
    4. Is your computer a desk style or laptop? You can play them on a computer. Does you cell phone have internet? That would be another way. If you can sleep in the room with your computer, there are actually free audiobooks. Or if a laptop, you can take it to bed with you. Ha.

      Delete
    5. I have a desktop computer that does not have a DVD drive. In my particular case, I do not think this would work for me as I have to be able to hear if my mother calls out for me during the night. Thank you anyway.

      Delete
  3. I am so glad you were able to get a good rest. And a nap!
    I am not a menudo fan. My youngest son makes up for it and is ever on the search for his next bowl. I will tell him about that brand.
    I watched tRump's joyride in shock. I watched more than once to see if it was even really him. His tweets don't ring true, either. But after watching him gulping for after returning to the Whitehouse, I think that it was really him and he really is ill. I also watched the doctors reporting on him and Sean Conley is a terrible liar. They never did get their stories straight. So I am still not believing what I see on the news.
    I wanted to see him try to open the door when he got back, only to find them locked. I can't be the only person to think of this? Lol
    I think it is also strange that Bill Barr says he is negative, ditto the offspring and Jared. I feel like I am watching Dallas all over again with all these plot twists.
    Stay safe, my friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember you mentioning before that your son was a true menudo connoisseur so I do not think he would go for menudo out of a can. Since I am "frugal" and do not want to spend $9.00 plus nor am I willing to learn how to make some...this one was good enough for me.

      His return to the White House and the fact that he had a film crew taping him and then recreating his grand entrance without a mask was truly mind-blowing and troublesome.

      I saw him gasping for air and like I said yesterday..."El que por su gusto muere hasta la muerte le sabe". If you translate it literally it does not make any sense.

      It means "When someone commits an act that they know will cause damage and/or a negative consequence and do it anyway without any regret or remorse, such as a drunk or an addict and it brings their death or demise, they will savor it.

      I agree, Bill Barr and the offspring to me are also POSITIVE but will never admit it. Trump himself told someone higher up (who they have not YET identified) not to let the press know that they were positive...makes me wonder who they are?

      I no longer feel sorry for any of them hope the Republicans infect Moscow Mitch and crying Lindsey Graham...anything to keep that woman judge from being appointed to the Supreme Court.

      Take care amiga!

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.