Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Friday, March 27, 2020

Day 12 / First Covid-19 case / Mandatory shelter-in-place

On the Wednesday evening news on News-4 in San Antonio, it was revealed that Del Rio had reported its first Covid-19 case. The person was a male that had arrived in San Antonio via airplane with his family driven to Del Rio and self-quarantined as soon as they got home.

The local newspaper did not have much information to offer. El Zócalo the newspaper from Mexico said it was a male that had been on Spring break with his family.  It would not be until Friday that more information was revealed. http://delrionewsherald.com/news/article_f1ba8fc8-6fbd-11ea-a11d-6b8e998e58f1.html

Penelope, you were right the circle of counties in the area imposing shelter at home mandates was closing in on us.  However, even with that possibility, I did not want to break my 14 days of self-isolation. The City of Del Rio, as well as Val Verde County, has now imposed such ordinance.

I will no doubt have to make a trip to the post office as I am sure I have a stack of mail waiting for me. I also have to mail a payment that can not be handled electronically. If it were not for that I would not leave the house.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid Saying of the Day


No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.